Congrats with this bird! Possibility for hiding yokes?

Andypaul

Hello there,

fantastic bird, a joy to fly. 1st class performance wise, great system implementation as far as I can judge it!

One question though: is it possible to implement some way to be able to hide the yokes (or make the fully transparent)?

Cheers,

Andreas

• 1 month later...

We don't like to hide yokes as it always makes cockpit look so unrealistic. We added the view selector and the option to have the checklist change the view automatic for you to make it easy to reach all gauges.

Great plane and great company. Could you please explain this a little further and take me through the steps. I've tried to do this, but no luck so far.

Thanks

We don't like to hide yokes as it always makes cockpit look so unrealistic. We added the view selector and the option to have the checklist change the view automatic for you to make it easy to reach all gauges.

Congratulations on your 3,159 post Snave. I quess I'll post the question to someone else then. I do not see anything in the manual about this, unless I'm just missing it or there is another manual I'm not aware of. So if someone would like to help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Vol 1

Section 1-1-4

The Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended comes with a very clever checklist system. Not only does it show you all the steps you need to perform, it will even do it for you when asked. Because it is not always easy to know where the instrument is located you need to check, the viewpoint will change automatically!

Do spend some time with the manuals. I did.

Vol 1

Section 1-1-4

Do spend some time with the manuals. I did.

3,160 post, what a feat, monumental in fact. One suggestion for you though, It would have truly been a stroke of genius if not for the exclusion of "PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION." Manual #1 section 1-1-4 did not seem to answer my question. Maybe I mis-interpreted Mathijs' answer to the original question. I thought he was referring to seeing the gauges in flight, not just for the purpose of the check list. If there is some way to do this I'd welcome any help.

Definition of Help: to give or provide what is necessary to accomplish a task or satisfy a need; contribute strength or means to; render assistance to; cooperate effectively with; aid; assist.

Again, thanks in advance.

• Aerosoft

3,160 post, what a feat, monumental in fact. One suggestion for you though, It would have truly been a stroke of genius if not for the exclusion of "PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION." Manual #1 section 1-1-4 did not seem to answer my question. Maybe I mis-interpreted Mathijs' answer to the original question. I thought he was referring to seeing the gauges in flight, not just for the purpose of the check list. If there is some way to do this I'd welcome any help.

Definition of Help: to give or provide what is necessary to accomplish a task or satisfy a need; contribute strength or means to; render assistance to; cooperate effectively with; aid; assist.

Again, thanks in advance.

If those manual sections did not give you the answers I, like Snave, misunderstand your question.

Snave as a +401 score on this forum and ranks among the highest with that. So even though he has his own style (ahum) he is one of the most helpful members of this forum.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Maybe I mis-interpreted Mathijs' answer to the original question. I thought he was referring to seeing the gauges in flight, not just for the purpose of the check list. If there is some way to do this I'd welcome any help.

I think using the 'view selector panel' to switch views to have a better look at the gauges helps a lot. Do you not like it?

Alternatively there is of course the 'a' key.

If those manual sections did not give you the answers I, like Snave, misunderstand your question.

Snave as a +401 score on this forum and ranks among the highest with that. So even though he has his own style (ahum) he is one of the most helpful members of this forum.

This, of course, does NOT imply we have to like him. :P

(I envy appreciate his knowledge, though, and, in advising to read the manuals he's usually right ... most of the time, anyway.)

Archived