Installing additional liveries

Dene76

Hi all,

Was a littl disappointed that the product does not come with the FLYBE Loganair livery since it is strongly advertised on the product page, however, I easily found it on the website.

I added the texture folder to my Otter folder [Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL] and inserted the necessary tecxt into the aircraft.cfg file, however I don;t see the livery in FSX. Any ideas?

After some tweeks to the .cfg text I can now see the aircraft listed, however the textures are all black :-(

Hi all,

Was a littl disappointed that the product does not come with the FLYBE Loganair livery since it is strongly advertised on the product page, however, I easily found it on the website.

I added the texture folder to my Otter folder [Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL] and inserted the necessary tecxt into the aircraft.cfg file, however I don;t see the livery in FSX. Any ideas?

Hi, yes, changed to the next number in the sequence.

Hi,

Did you change the 'xx' in the header [Fltsim.xx] to the next available livery number?

• Aerosoft

After some tweeks to the .cfg text I can now see the aircraft listed, however the textures are all black :-(

There will be ali livery manager soon. But if you see black textures it means you did not unzip the textures to the right folder (perhaps a folder INSIDE the folder?)

Thanks for the replies.

I started again from scratch but now cannot see the livery at all :-(

I unzipped to my FSX aircraft folder the Loganair texture folder, I updated the cfg file as instructed but cannot see the aircraft.

Can you please add a quick step by step so I can make sure I'm not missing something.

I've added many aircraft liveries before without issue so hope this just a blip.

There will be ali livery manager soon. But if you see black textures it means you did not unzip the textures to the right folder (perhaps a folder INSIDE the folder?)

• Deputy Sheriffs

So as it works here, you must have done something wrong:

When you download the file Flybe_G-BVVK.zip, unzip this folder to a temporary folder on your PC.

Now you got a folder "Flybe_G-BVVK" inside this folder is another folder "texture.G-BVVK". copy this folder into your Twinotter folder :

"....\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL" where the other folders are named like "texture.xyz"

Last edit your aircraft.cfg:

Copy the text from inside the install.txt (located in the unzipped folder) into your aircraft.cfg after the last section [Fltsim.xyz] and change xyz so that you have an ongoing numbering. In my case [Fltsim.2] was the last entry and I changed it to [Fltsim.3]

• Deputy Sheriffs

now you got a folder "Flybe_G-BVVK" inside this folder is another folder "texture.G-BVVK". Copy this folder into your Twinotter folder :

This might be it. The first time I made the mistake myself to copy the top folder (Flybe_G-BVVK) to the TwinOtter folder. :)

Thanks for the help so far.

I download the livery and get the following zip folder, "AS_TWINOTTERX_LOGANAIR".

I unzip to my desktop and get the following:

texture.loganair folder & a readme file

I copy the texture.loganair to my FSX SIM Objects Airplane folder.

I copy the cfg update from the readme file into the cfg file of the otter folder and renumber the [FltSim] text to 3 which is the next sequence.

The aircraft si not displayed at all in FSX.

So as it works here, you must have done something wrong:

When you download the file Flybe_G-BVVK.zip, unzip this folder to a temporary folder on your PC.

Now you got a folder "Flybe_G-BVVK" inside this folder is another folder "texture.G-BVVK". copy this folder into your Twinotter folder :

"....\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL" where the other folders are named like "texture.xyz"

Last edit your aircraft.cfg:

Copy the text from inside the install.txt (located in the unzipped folder) into your aircraft.cfg after the last section [Fltsim.xyz] and change xyz so that you have an ongoing numbering. In my case [Fltsim.2] was the last entry and I changed it to [Fltsim.3]

• Deputy Sheriffs

I download the livery and get the following zip folder, "AS_TWINOTTERX_LOGANAIR".

Ah OK, I got it, you downloaded a repaint for the old Twotter. In the download section you have to look under "Twin Otter Extended repaints" and not "Twin Otter X Repaints (old)"

Ah OK, I got it, you downloaded a repaint for the old Twotter. In the download section you have to look under "Twin Otter Extended repaints" and not "Twin Otter X Repaints (old)"

LOL! I was just about to say the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

'm sorry but even when I download the normal Twin Otter Extended from the webstie after installing it it still doesn't show in FSX !!? COULD YOU HELP PLEASE

Best not add completely unrelated problem to a topic Anthony, it was pure luck I saw this.

I suggest you de-install, reboot your computer, login as admin and immediately install the Twin Otter Extended before doing anything else.

Best not add completely unrelated problem to a topic Anthony, it was pure luck I saw this.

I suggest you de-install, reboot your computer, login as admin and immediately install the Twin Otter Extended before doing anything else.

Mathjis, the same thing happening over and over I have no liveries showing in FSX.

I've tried 2 times and the same thing is happening.

What can I do now ?

Archived