Few bugs and few wishes

MatzeH84

Hi, first of all- great addon again!

Bugs I found so far:

-DME will jump +1 mile (for example show 7.5 instead of 6.5). Situation: VOR/DME approach into Wick (EGPC) as published, on the outbound leg. It seemed it would display 1 mile more until .6 or .7 and on .8 it was correct again until the next full mile was reached.

-No Smoking sign / Seatbelts signs mixed up- No smoking will light up Seatbelts in the cabin and vice versa.

-I had an altimeter bug while flying around FL095, altimeter suddenly showed 19500 instead of 9500. During descend it went back to normal again, I couldn't reproduce so far.

-When disconnecting ALT mode and reverting to vertical manual mode, the AP is pitching up or down heavily. My guess is that it should '0' itself and then accept pitch commands rather then thropwing everyone under the ceiling.

-On my first flight I stood on ground for maybe 20 Minutes with battery power on, as I realized the bat temp warning light was on, the indicated temperature was 150°C /needle all the way up. How can this happen?

Wishes:

-Ground stuff like chocks, removable pilots, stairs..

-unusable knobs/ buttons at least clickable (environmental controls for example), so you can simulate the correct setup of those.

-Sharper textures on the outside. It's such a small airplane, higher resolution would have a great effect.

Ground stuff will not be added.

Battery temp high..

Note that temps are in °F on the gauge. How many consumers (Lights etc.) was turned on ?

The batteries are rather small and mostly used for starting the engines.

DME, Altimeter and cabin signes will be looked into.

Finn

Hehe. Ok, the switch is illuminating the same light as is your plane- the seatbelt switch is operating the lower sign and the no-smokin switch the upper one.

But the textures are different, that's why it is wrong in the end:

tujt.jpg

Well that's the FlyBe repaint you are advertising the Twotter everywhere with ;)

Yeah

But it is still wrong...

No smoking - at the top

Seat belts - at the bottom

Finn

One thing that I have noticed is that when you select a checklist item that refers to the propeller controls, the view changes on my system to the throttle area and not the next view area which would contain the propeller controls. I know this is small and I was able to manually select the proper view, it just would be nice to have it display the proper view when selecting these checklist items.

Thanks,

Mike Cameron

We tried to keep the views as close to the captains view as possible, thus the camera for the propeller lever is pointed towards the throttles from the captains viewpoint.

Only where this really doesn´t work did we make different views.

Finn

-When disconnecting ALT mode and reverting to vertical manual mode, the AP is pitching up or down heavily. My guess is that it should '0' itself and then accept pitch commands rather then thropwing everyone under the ceiling.

I am experiencing exaclty that as well. as soon as I disconnect all vertical Modes the plane pitches up. Even if I had it pitching down, engage a vertical mode and then disengage that mode again.

Additional to this: With altitude capture armed, it tends to overshoot by 100-200ft when leveling off at cruising altitude.

On the other side I experienced it several times now during descend, that the plane pitches up extremely hard just before capturing the selected altitude, going up again with a high angle of climb while trying to trim down again, bleeding off the airspeed and stalling if there is no interaction by the pilot.

The texture of the igniters is cut off on the bottom:

nnrt.jpg

Some words on the engines: When I read 'the best implementation of turbine engines to date', 'Detailed simulation of engines' and 'Where FSX default systems are not good enough we complete replace them with our own modules.', I had high expectations, coming from the Majestic Q400. It was a real disappointment to learn that it behaves much like the FS Standard or other 'normal' planes instead, especially with no realistic Beta-Range simulation. Of course you can say, it's not a high-price product, but then don't advertise it as top notch when it is not. True, but you don't have to provide an FMS and other extensive systems.

And it's true if you state that the other company works partly outside FSX- why not, as you can see it works perfectly on fps and in-depth simulation. Taxiing with the Q400 is real fun, you can precisely adjust the blade pitch to go forward, stop smoothly and even go backwards if desired, and you have a immersive turboprop sound. The Twotter will only start to taxi when the Ng spools up, which is completely contrary to what is discribed in the manual. Beta-range is only announced when going into reverse, but won't allow precise adjustments. Going backwards is not possible at all, also contrary to the manual. Some sounds, like on startup, stop sharply. During the last seconds of shutdown it sounds like someone is speaking.

I'm really disappointed on these things.. :(

I am experiencing exaclty that as well. as soon as I disconnect all vertical Modes the plane pitches up. Even if I had it pitching down, engage a vertical mode and then disengage that mode again.

A sure indication you didn't trim before engaging a vertical mode on the a/p

FSX utiises a false elevator to carry out trim, rather than a true trim system. As it is a supplemental elevator working as trim if you don't have the aircraft properly trimmed then you get exaggerated effects such as this.

This is common knowledge and and an unsophisticated comment about something that should need no explanation in a forum for a sophisticated aircraft.

Archived