RXP popup, LPV support

Bert Pieke

I understand that the RXP GNS530 cannot be installed in the VC.

If it is installed as a popup, there is one thing missing (at present)

which I hope you can accommodate.

The RXP unit will drive the HSI (or VOR1 gauge) with a GPS glideslope

if an LPV approach is active.

First trial shows, however, that the Twotter HSI does not respond to the

glideslope signal if the GPS is in GPS mode. This should be a small coding change to

fix and should not interfere with other operations.

Will you have a look at that request..? :bow_down2_s:

• Aerosoft

But people, keep in mind that the developers of that gauge simply do not respond to anything, if they would be nice folks we would have had this installed from the start. I find it hard to invest time and money to support something not even supported by the people who make money on it.

We'll see, but it has a low priority.

But people, keep in mind that the developers of that gauge simply do not respond to anything, if they would be nice folks we would have had this installed from the start. I find it hard to invest time and money to support something not even supported by the people who make money on it.

We'll see, but it has a low priority.

Hi Mathijs,

From my perspective, and I've noted a few others who seem to also share it as an option they'd be pretty happy with in discussion else where. I'd be happy if the middle ground was simply just to produce an alternate interior mdl for the VC which had a flat panel section only without the 3D face / knobs for the GPS in that area, or even the entire radio stack so we could do a full RXP stack replacement. This would allow us to update the panel config and place the 2D faced RXP gauge for use within the aircraft, and avoid the overlay and bleeding of textures we currently have in trying to do so, but should hopefully be a lot less work than trying to garner the gauge SDK stuff from Reality XP.

Whether this alternate interior was listed as a separate version of the aircraft within the FSX selection list (which I think MilViz did with their 310 to allow such customisations, they called it free radio cockpit or something?), or it was an entire replacement of the VC for those who desired to use it, I'd be happy with either. That would allow us to simply place the RXP GPS into the panel if we wished, or for a few of the apparent real old school pureists they could have a twotter without any GPS at all, and hopefully not entail a lot of detail and SDK chasing on your end to try implement linkages otherwise required to interface with the RXP Gauge from a 3D face.

I'd also be quite happy to pay a moderate upgrade fee of say up to $30, and pre-pay if you wished, to have this option. I know others may desire the full 3D effect, but a number of my other older aircraft have been retrofitted this way, and it just allows me to use real to life procedures with the GPS in turn for a moderate sacrifice in graphical quality for doing so. I certainly understand that there's a lot more involved in getting that 3D look to work if there's no one in the team which has done it before, and my main desire is really just to be able to use and monitor the RXP GPS if I could within the aircraft itself, rather than jumping to pop-up consistently. So I'd be extremely happy if just this form of change was made possible.

Either way, your willingness to have a look into the possibilities for us is greatly appreciated.

Graeme

• Aerosoft

We are highly reluctant to do that because you end up with this:

post-43-0-01586800-1373534431_thumb.jpg

(as I said before, great aircraft, I just have a beef about the way they choose to implement this.)

Because I honestly do not think there is a lot more to say about this I will close this topic. When we see an option to include it in 3d without having to spend too much time and money to support something that is not even supported by it developers, we'll see what happens.

Archived