GPS Terrain mode too bright

Helifan123

The GPS part is 100% default FSX.

Note that the real 530 normally doesn't come with a terrain map.

Finn

What you see there is different. This is not a terrain map like the one in FSXs default GPS, but it is a special one only showing terrain when it is a potential danger for you.

R I see am use to the RXP, but that's been answered. And like photo above I got use to seeing it when low.

Well then it is definately possible to dim as I have dimmed default GPS code succesfully in the past.

Busy downloading. Will check and give you feedback if it is possible. really cant see how someone says it is not possible.

You need about 5 lines of code where you just hang a little "curtain" at a certain transparency level that is good enough to dim it sufficiantly, for that screen.

used to be a real pain in the butt with some of the latest carenado releases where the GPS is set behind a model and everyone said it cannot be dimmed.

The GPS part is 100% default FSX.

Note that the real 530 normally doesn't come with a terrain map.

Finn

I did not say it can´t be done, just that we retained the default FSX GPS.

On the GPS265 You can even define colors for the various height levels as well as water and ice.

Finn

So is it possible to include a dimmer in the 1.10?

While it's certainly not a must have I think lots of other guys (and me aswell) would really appreciate it. The Twin Otter Extended is a great piece of art and this feature would make it even better altough it's not included in the GNS ;)

Helifan

It is such an elementary little change I cannot see why they could not formally include it in an upgrade.

This is an EXAMPLE (do not copy this and add it to Twotter GPS, as it contain values for another GPS - I have not yet had time to install the twotter to be able to give an Aerosoft "twotter" example)

<Element>
      <Position X="59" Y="0"/>
      <Element>
         <Rectangle Width="275" Height="230" FillColor="black" Transparency="0.7"/>
       </Element>
   </Element>

I like to use 0.7 (70%) as i found that to be best of both worlds.

You can also be smart and have settings between 50% and 100% so that the enduser can choose and set brightness to what he liked and that is what I normally did when I adjusted the GPS brightness. 2 methods is available

1.Selection via clikcspots or

2.via a GPS config page that can be added with the value where the user can set his own value (prefered method for me personally)

So YES, another hand up to have Aerosoft include this into their 1.1 version.

Example BEFORE

zzturbduke01.jpg

After

zzturbduke02.jpg

Thanks Bliksimpie....

I added those lines and adjusted the size.

Works like a charm :)

Finn

Works great indeed.

Now the GPS is dimmed in non-terrain mode too..

To avoid that:

<!-- reduce brightness for Terrain page -->

<Element>
                             <Visible>(@g:setup_ColorTerrain) 0 !=</Visible>
		  <Position X="0" Y="0"/>
		  <Element>
			 <Rectangle Width="334" Height="248" FillColor="black" Transparency="0.70"/>
		  </Element>
                           </Element>

Archived