Could I ask?

Nyxx

I really like the looks of this aircraft but before I buy I would like to ask,

you say

"the best implementation of turbine engines to date"

That's a very bold statement, or do you mean the best you have done?

Does the config come with an option to have no rear cabin showing from the VC with the cockpit doors closed?

When using ITrack can you look back from the VC and see the wings and engines?

How do the FPS compare with the Q400 for example?

Look forward to your replies.

Thank you

Does the config come with an option to have no rear cabin showing from the VC with the cockpit doors closed?

Nope, but it doesn't need such a feature since FPS are great, even on my system (2,8GHZ Dualcore, GT220). If you can run the Q400 smoothly, you can run the Twotter without any problems, probably even smoother ;)

I have both and while I think it's difficould to compare those two I still get excellent fps with both aircraft. I do not think the Twin Otter produces big framerateproblems. It handels much like a default Aircraft I think. This is a personal opinion of cause...

Here is a quick FPS test I did. Dual-core 2.8 GHz, 6GB RAM, GTX 460 video

KMEM (always fps intensive for me) - Active Runway - Traffic at 21% (About 20 or so FedEx aircraft at gates, couple taxiing out) Virtual cockpit view

Default C172 - 15 fps

Majestic Q400 - 11 fps

PMDG NGX - 9.5 fps

Aerosoft Twotter - 13 fps

So the Twotter actually does better than the Q400 in terms of frames. Probably because of less instrument updating. Your mileage may vary but I don't see any fps issues.

• Aerosoft

I believe no aircraft to date by any company has turbo prop engines this good (always keeping the massive limitations of FSX in that regard in mind). This was true for the Bronco and these engines are an extended development on that.

The engine modeling on the Q400 is the best I've seen to date on a turboprop engine. Mathijs, if you have not had the opportunity to try out this amazing aircraft, I highly recommend it. Majestic got the detail right down to the spinning of the propellers during startup! I just purchased your new Twin Otter and am really enjoying it so far. I think the only work that this airplane needs is the modeling of the PT6 engine. (I could be a little biased though because of the Q400 detail though). I would love to see the beta range of the turboprop engine modeled. Other than that, the attention to detail on this Twin Otter is amazing. You guys have really outdone yourselves.

OK thank you for the replies the question not answered have been on AVSIM.

Sounds like you have done a great job on this one.

Regards

David.

Archived