Slight bounce and tire screech when changing views on ground

Thaellar

When the aircraft is on the ground, if I change views (cockpit to spot, spot to tower, etc), the plane jumps about 6 inches off the ground and drops back with a tire screech.

• Aerosoft

hen the aircraft is on the ground, if I change views (cockpit to spot, spot to tower, etc), the plane jumps about 6 inches off the ground and drops back with a tire screech.

Mmm, we can not recreate that and none of the testers has experienced it. But we do know from experience that the contact points on some systems are more touchy than on others. If you happen to have AES on your system you could use the [repair] option of that. It will change the contact points and most likely sort out that problem.

I am using FSX. It might be related to some kind of texture loading because it does it right when changing views and some terrain textures are still popping in. It's not a big deal. Just thought I would report it as it seemed odd.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If I may share my experience ... I changed my mesh resolution slider in FSX so that it's not maxed out. This ensured that it stopped bouncing when changing views

It only happens when the mesh slider is on 2m or 1m and at those settings, I've found a lot of add-ons do this initial small skip. Personally, I've not experienced this for ages on any add-on because I don't have any 1 or 2m mesh................I didn't know there was any in fact.

The simple fix is to turn the mesh back to 5m; if you don't have any add-on mesh that's better than 5m resolution, you're not getting anything from the 1 or 2m setting anyway. Of the top of my head, I can only think of Earth Simulations as releasing anything that would benefit from mesh settings of 1 or 2m i.e. Guernsey and Scilly.........but there may be others.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Of the top of my head, I can only think of Earth Simulations as releasing anything that would benefit from mesh settings of 1 or 2m i.e. Guernsey and Scilly.........but there may be others.

indeed, like Austria Pro, Antarctica X, Dangerous Airports, Skiathos and others, according to the recommended settings in the manuals.

indeed, like Austria Pro, Antarctica X, Dangerous Airports, Skiathos and others, according to the recommended settings in the manuals.

oooops! Time I changed the setting then to see what I've been missing out on :embaressed_s:

Hello Mathijs,

I just tried the new aircraft.cfg at Mykonos and confirm that the bouncing has gone.

Problem seems to be solved.

Best regards, Jörg

If I get one more okay we'll add that to the 1.02 update.

Hello Mathijs,

I had this problem too and after I put your aircraft.cfg my problem was fixed. What did you do to fix it? I have this same issue with Aerosoft F-16

Andy

Assuming its adjusting the contact points or something?

Yes: in [CONTACT_POINTS] section, updates to static_pitch and static_cg_height parameters.

Yes: in [CONTACT_POINTS] section, updates to static_pitch and static_cg_height parameters.

Oh I missed that! That means he used AES repair option from what I see. I'll use the repair for the F-16 then

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

If I get one more okay we'll add that to the 1.02 update.

I also experienced the bouncing. Is it still worth to install this "patch" or is version 1.02 around the corner?

Archived