RWY only (generic) approach - CF at wrong end of RWY

jartweb

Hi,

Just flying around trying some basic approaches, I noticed that if I select a non-ILS, non-LOC, non-VOR, non-RNAV, generic approach (i.e. listed as just the runway designator, e.g. 27R, in the APPROACH) page, I get the usual 10 nm extended centreline with a Course Fix (CF) at the end.... except the CF is off the wrong end of the runway.

For example, see the screen shots - sitting at EGLL but programming a route EGKK/EGLL so the arrival is more easily viewable. (I checked and this still occurs when I sit at EGKK and program the same route).

I have asked for a generic approach to RWY 27R but it gives me a CF the wrong end of the RWY. I would expect the CF to be 10 NM east of the RWY so that the final course is 270 rather than 090.

This was generated from a Cold and Dark startup but occurs if I jump into an already flying situation and start programming the FMGC for a generic approach mid-air, e.g. if I jump into a standard FSX situation overflying Friday Harbor and try to select a generic approach to any nearby RWY. Seems to be the case for many ( all ?) runways.

Using NavDataPro as supplied with AXE for the nav data, running AXE v1.10 and hotfix 16b.

My understanding is that the direct line from the CF to the RWY should be aligned with the correct approach track for that RWY approach, and not the 'back course'.post-79844-0-25729400-1373353686_thumb.ppost-79844-0-30202200-1373353693_thumb.p

I hope this is not a duplicate of any existing post - I had a search but did not find anything.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

There is such a post already, and I have marked it as fixed as its fixed in internal builds, will be in next update.

Oops! Sorry for causing a new post. I promise that I really did check first before posting but could not see anything that seemed similar. Anyway, thanks.!

Archived