Discuss repaints in this topic

Hey Tom,

I'm also working on an ERA livery in a tundra cargo version, but I haven't made much progress as work and family life has been quite hectic. One thing i will say is the stripes around the front of the radome are proving to be quite the challenge, the rest of the scheme is pretty straight forward. i will say it would be nice if the new paint kits for the tundra and float versions were available. Hopefully we will see those this week.

the entire nose area is a pain :mad:

Yep, nothing easy when it comes to the nose area. This aircraft is by far the hardest aircraft I have ever painted when it comes to trying draw a straight line from one end of the aircraft to the other. When you finally get it does look great, but I find it can take hours of tweaking to get everything to line up especially if you have to go across the doors and around the nose. Aghhhh...

the most trivial thing becomes difficult - and the tail is made difficult by the fact that the model has the rudder out of alignment in the model viewer.

What do you use for a model viewer, I've been using Abacus repaint V2, I don't use it for any painting although sometimes I will use it to place markers on the templates for reference and then import the texture into the paintkit temporarily. It also deflects the rudder one way so it is hard to use it for lining up anything on the vertical stab and rudder.

I tried Abacus Repaint v2, but it only works with the default MS aircraft, instead I use ModelConverter X

It also deflects the rudder one way so it is hard to use it for lining up anything on the vertical stab and rudder.

this is something Aerosoft has to reset - the rudder itself is not easy to paint in real life as we can see in many misaligned logos is real life Twin Otters, in FSX it is so time consuming that it makes some skins a no go.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Have I missed something? It seems that repaints for the Twotter have just come to an indefinite halt. I agree with "olderndirt" and are there or will there be anymore repaints for the float?

Cheers.

Tim...

I am still making them, here is the latest

http://www.lockonfiles.com/files/file/2645-aerosoft-twinotter-extended-dhl-3b-p-4b-c/

I have a few more in the pipeline

I asked Aerorosoft about releasing the float version template a few days ago, but got no answer.

I could make a template for it, but Aerosoft has one done and is in no hurry to release it, I don´t see why should I spend some real effort doing this for them.

If they have higher priorities, so do I. A pity.

Sometimes life gets in the way... I personally have been far to busy at both work and home and have no time to work on paints right now. As soon as time permits I will get back to completing the paints I'm working on.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes life gets in the way... I personally have been far to busy at both work and home and have no time to work on paints right now. As soon as time permits I will get back to completing the paints I'm working on.

Jeeez.....just came here to realize that you have already finished the livery I was asking for!!!

True thanks Spike9!!!!

Jeeez.....just came here to realize that you have already finished the livery I was asking for!!!

True thanks Spike9!!!!

Your welcome, it was fun to work on and I plan to put it on ski's when time permits.

After opening and extracting (all) files in paintkit. Still unable to start painting, only shows background image of painted plane, no layers. Which version are we painters suppose to use?Final paintkit?

@Tom, thanks for your updates, awesome :big_boss_s:

Your welcome, it was fun to work on and I plan to put it on ski's when time permits.

@spike9, thank you in advance, il will be well suited for sure! :glare_s:

Here is a link to the Aerosoft livery download site for the Twin Otter Extended:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/category/47-twin-otter-extended-repaints/

There are more liverys available in the WWW. So please check here also: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/

Can I get some help locating the paint kit for the Twin Otter Extended 1.05? I just purchased the plane last week via the Aerosoft store. The download files are there for the plane itself but I dont see any downloads for the paint kit itself.

Thanks very much!

Drew

ssdriveratgmail

Archived