Joystick for Flight Simulator

Hello.

I tired of buying joysticks. All my joystick had issue.

This is list of my bought joysticks:
1.Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick (problem wit axis, calibrating) --> Warranty expired
2.Logitech Flight System G940 (problem with Throttle part, axis, calibrating) --> Sent to service, no service, I got money back
3. Logitech Force 3D Pro (calibrating, axis) ----> send to service, wait for respond

So, I need excelent product with excellent and precise axes.
All my used joys had crap of axes. Joys with bed potentiometer have bed axes.

What you prefer? I hear That Saitek x52 pro have different desing for axes?

The potentiometers is BIG problem.

Thanks for replay and suggestions.

The X52 is for the best option in my opinon but if want go budget logitech 3d pro which is very good but you have to adject the nullzone for rudder as it is very sensitive

If you want the best joystick your only real option is the Thrustmaster Warthog, full metal construction and its use of hall sensors put it will above any of the equivalent products from Saitek. Though of course you do pay a premium for it.

Dont buy anything branded Saitek imo.. they are nothing but trouble and they use ultra cheap pots in them which means you will have calibration issues and every day you dont have an issue is a gift to you from Madcatz who own the logo now.

Another reason not to buy Saitek is almost no support, they have even stopped responding to support emails as many people out there on the internet have started to report so if your controller does go faulty you might have to put it on ebay to get rid of the thing and get some money back.

I have had/have,

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, faulty after 3 months and complety usless just after a year, in the bin now

Saitek ( Madcatz ) Cyborg X Fly 5, Rudder wont calibrate correctly anymore and the two thottles dont line up that well and it has the shakes on all axis. Just over a year old going in the bin when i get a new controller.

Saitek Pro flight Rudder Pedals - Does not work correctly with FSUIPC ( a known issue with the Saitek drivers and will never be fixed by Madcatz ), the rudder left and right movement is not smooth and has never been that smooth due to poor build quality and is something that can never be fixed. Going in the bin when i have built my own rudder pedals.

Dont buy anything branded Saitek imo.. they are nothing but trouble and they use ultra cheap pots in them which means you will have calibration issues and every day you dont have an issue is a gift to you from Madcatz who own the logo now.

Another reason not to buy Saitek is almost no support, they have even stopped responding to support emails as many people out there on the internet have started to report so if your controller does go faulty you might have to put it on ebay to get rid of the thing and get some money back.

I have had/have,

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, faulty after 3 months and complety usless just after a year, in the bin now

Saitek ( Madcatz ) Cyborg X Fly 5, Rudder wont calibrate correctly anymore and the two thottles dont line up that well and it has the shakes on all axis. Just over a year old going in the bin when i get a new controller.

Saitek Pro flight Rudder Pedals - Does not work correctly with FSUIPC ( a known issue with the Saitek drivers and will never be fixed by Madcatz ), the rudder left and right movement is not smooth and has never been that smooth due to poor build quality and is something that can never be fixed. Going in the bin when i have built my own rudder pedals.

Paul I quite agree with you on the Saitek front. THough I've had my Saitek yoke since day 1 release in the UK and it works as well as one can expect, along with their rudder peddles. I'd did replce the 2 throttle quadrants about 3 weeks ago because I got fed up of cleaning the pots with switch cleaner before every flight. Which by the way if you do the latter will prolong their life quite a bit. Its a pain the rudder peddles not working with FSUIPC but at the end of the day of the so basic function of rudder and toe brakes they perform well enough programmed via FSX. THe short of it, if you buy Saitek expect to invest time and money in maintenance, but when well looked after they will last. Personally I wont be replaced my Saitek kit any more, I will be saving my pennies/selling a kidney and getting the PFC kit.

Im going to buy a mix of Goflight and VrInsight hardware ( i will look at some of the other stuff there is out there as well ) with some custom rudder pedals as buying ones other than CH and Saitek cost an arm and leg and i know i can build something i hope for just over the £100 mark unless i use real pedals from a real aircraft then that will double the budget i hope to have.

Very simple...Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

What technology for axes used? Potentiometers? I knew "google" is my friend.

I dont want ever buy Logitech, also Saitek product (except X52Pro, maybe)

What about Thrustmaster T-16000M Flight Stick ? Thrustmaster T-16000M Flight Stick use 3D (Hall Effect) magnetic sensors.

Also the joystick is very cheap. It seems good choice.

• Aerosoft

What about Thrustmaster T-16000M Flight Stick ? Thrustmaster T-16000M Flight Stick use 3D (Hall Effect) magnetic sensors.

Also the joystick is very cheap. It seems good choice.

3D hall effect sensors, whoooo that sounds good. And it's not a bad stick for the money. But to be honest, nothing wrong with potentiometers. Just with cheap potentiometers.

I still strongly advise the X52, great value and they last for years, even in my 'professional' use. Cheap sticks normally last only a few months in our office.

• Aerosoft

I must admit that I've had my X52 for around 5 years and have never had an issue with. I don't use the Saitek software and I don't use FSUIPC in connection with it either.

Ahhh but if you just use your stick in FSX, almost any software that comes with the joystick is a waste of memory!

Archived