Hello I'm actually running my FSX with an Intel I7 2700k @ 4,7 Ghz and a GTX 680. I'm very unsatisfied with my FPS. I get like 18-19 fps in a small scenery like Corfu X with the PMDG.I'm thinking about changing CPU and buy for example the I7 4770k. Will that solve my fps problem ?

Best regards !

The 4770K won't give you much better performance, in fact you have an excellent system (I would die for it :mecry_s: ). Try bojote's tweak tool (http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html) and run nvidia inspector. Also, it your running everything at absolute max settings, then turning down some particular settings WILL help ALOT (Just search for a tutorial on youtube). Best of luck!

The one single tweak that can boost framerates siginificantly, as much as 20/25% in some cases, is the bufferpools tweak. This allows data to bypass the bufferpool and is sent directly to the GPU, or if using the reject threshold value will be limited accordingly. With the GTX680 that you're using it's more than likely it will take great advantage of this tweak. This is a tweak that forms part of the Bojote set of tweaks that has just been recommended. However, like all tweaks, they should ideally be added singly and then tuned one at a time before moving onto the next.

If you must have a Haswell cpu i would wait until intel resolve the issues they have as the first one you buy could be a good one or you could go though 10 cpu's until you get a good one. The risk of getting a bad one is to high at the moment i believe.

I dont think it will take intel that long to resolve the thermal issues they have but im going pass on Haswell as the 1 or 2 percent performance increase i would see with the same style overlock is not worth the extra money.

I know some people are happy to spend 1000's to get one more frame per second :)

I've tried everything guys :( to tweak my CFG, bufferpools tweak, I've followed like 10 different tutorial on YouTube. I'm clueless ! I didn't buy a 1500 computer to have 18 fps.

May sound silly but is your hard drive fragmented? If drive messy, will have to be scanning around for files and HDD access can also slow it down.

Run defrag

Run chkdsk on your C:

Run FSX and see if any better.

I am running an i5 ivy bridge 3.4GHz and getting between 25 - 40 fps depending on stage if flight and scenery setup, struggle at Heathrow with UK2000 Extreme so have had to tune that down, otherwise all good.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried everything guys :( to tweak my CFG, bufferpools tweak, I've followed like 10 different tutorial on YouTube. I'm clueless ! I didn't buy a 1500 computer to have 18 fps.

I would expect you to have more fps at Corfu, sat at the end of the runway i get 30 ( locked ) fps in the NGX with the fair weather theme.

I dont tweak a lot as over tweaking can do a lot harm to the sim and building a clean fsx config might not work all the time.

Here is the only tweaks i have added to the fsx.cfg

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.20

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=5.500000

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=800

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=800

[JobScheduler]

AffinityMask=14

[bUFFERPOOLS]

Usepools=0

I use a high water setting with those and i also use widescreen true. I dont have any AI traffic and airport vehicles running and i have cars disabled as they can cause stutters as well as being a frame hog if they are set to high, water traffic i have set to 10%.

I do feel you need to resolve the issue you have before you upgrade as the chances are the issue will just move with you to the new system.

Leasten to Kosta, he knows what he's talking about. You can't find better guide / settings. Venetubo may be outdated, and it's deffinitely not working well with modern hardware. You will get stutters and much lower fps comparing to Kosta's settings

Archived