News: Lukla sceenshots (new)

• Aerosoft

Gentlemen, there has been some discussion on how we will do Lukla airport in some forums. Some say it just can not be done. We say, or rather our in house 'Mr. Mission Impossibe' Sascha Normann says, it can be done. And well show you. In screenshots now, in a product later (think weeks, not days, not months). The screenshots here are done by us and by our beta testers.

001.jpg

By far the most important screenshot. Study it for a moment, note how the 'platform' is on a completely different angle than the runway. Better test your brakes now. This has NOT been seen before in FS2004.

002.jpg

Again, a good idea how steep this runway is.

003.jpg

And yes, these hostels are so close to the runway. Lukla is located on a very small plateau, not much space.

006.jpg

Here you see how small it is, also note that the Missed Approach procedure is rather, how shall we say this politically correct; bl**dy f*ck*ng urgent (not politically correct enough, I know and I apologize before you send your protest message)

007.jpg

Now that is a nice mountain isn't it? It's in fact the second largest mountain in the world! Don't let the red characters fools you, you'll need to climb a LOT to get to the top.

By far the most important screenshot. Study it for a moment, note how the 'platform' is on a completely different angle than the runway. Better test your brakes now. This has NOT been seen before in FS2004.

May I say that I think LLH has created a similiar effect at the France Megeve airport. Not that it this doesn't looks superb :D .

Jeroen

That is really *impressive* looking!

Like 'SimFreak', I'll probably get it too because it'll present a real

challenge. :wink:

Here you see how small it is, also note that the Missed Approach procedure is rather, how shall we say this politically correct; bl**dy f*ck*ng urgent (not politically correct enough, I know and I apologize before you send your protest message)

Truth be told, I don't know if there is a *nice* way to describe that! :P

Odd thing too, I was just flying on the weekend in Nepal and Tibet and

was having a bit*h of a time trying to get airborne. I thought something

was wrong with my plane. Then I realized that because of the extreme

altitude of those airports, I was carrying way too much fuel. Once I dumped quite a bit of fuel, I was finally able to get airborne.

So, Lukla really looks interesting and should be quite a bit of fun trying

to T/O and land (or crash) there! :wink:

Larry

I can tell you not to attempt to land a Herc with a full load :wink:

Yes I gave it a go :lol: :oops:

LMAO! :lol:

In search of the perfect screenshot, huh Nick? The poor crew and all the camera equipment, lost! :shock:

Looks cool!

• Aerosoft

http://www.llhinfo.com/

The scnenery is called LLH4 and replicates Megeve. But I see they are already working on a next steep runway. Just for you're information.

Jeroen

Wel that site would not let me see the screenshots as the forum was not reachable (and I live in the same country as the server is based in, France, lol)... I will try later when I got some time.

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs.

These are a couple of screenshots from the new Courchevel scenery still in production that Neovo2 was referring to.

http://www.francevfr.com/forum/viewtopic.p...&highlight=

:D

And francevfr wants me to register before I can even see the PR images. I'll check those out when I got a lot of time. If they make it hard for me to see the stuff.... why should I care?

Unlike us... http://www.aerosoft-shop.com/~images/LUKLA/1.avi

Very beta, don't complain about anyhting right now. Not about the bumps, not about the rocks on the runway. Just check your insurance before you even try this, the amount of aircraft wrecked in this beta test is unheard of.

• Aerosoft

Wel that site would not let me see the screenshots as the forum was not reachable (and I live in the same country as the server is based in, France, lol)... I will try later when I got some time.

Now seen it (server worked again), looks good.

And francevfr wants me to register before I can even see the PR images. I'll check those out when I got a lot of time. If they make it hard for me to see the stuff.... why should I care?

Yep that is really annoying, I don't mind registering for support, or even to browse the forum. But having to register just to see their own previews is a bit much.

For a 'Beta', that really looks great!

Very beta, don't complain about anyhting right now. Not about the bumps, not about the rocks on the runway. Just check your insurance before you even try this, the amount of aircraft wrecked in this beta test is unheard of.

Oh, hopefully you're going to keep the bumps there (if they're there in real life) and the rocks on the runway kick a** !!! The harder you make it, the better I'll like it! :wink:

So far, the entire project/concept looks EXCELLENT!

Larry

• Aerosoft
Nice vid. 8) Almost like seeing some heavy aircraft take off form a carrier and sink a bit before gaining altitude. :twisted:

Of course the correct way to take-off is not to let yourself drop into the depth but to have positive lift before the runway runs out. But most videos we got for the airport show this kind of take-off.

But I still wonder what happens if you need to abort the take-off.

• Aerosoft

You´re dead :!:

I would say the best way to abort the take-off is NOT to abort and just let yourself drop into the ravine, I'll see if there is an airport lower down where you canb glide into. Would be a nice test for the pilots.

Yesterday I manged to get the Super Cub from the runway without switching the engine on, just let it roll down the slope, just reached 37 knots.

Hi

This is a very useful post I'll guarantee (not just because it's me posting :) ).

I recently became adicted for altiports. So I searched the web for good enhancements in and around europe. I found a fairly decent scenario with a sloped runway for the altiport of Courchevel.

The problem is that the technic used to develop the sloped runway somehow "fools" FS9 to make this runway descend in a paralel line to the actual terrain angle. Take-offs go well and I manage to make my ATR roll down and altough it's bumpy, it is possible to make a nice "down-hill".

The landing is the true problem!!!!! No matter which plane I use no matter at what speed or contact point I always SINK with the airplane into the sloped runway. This of course, doesn't happen in the appron but there is no way I can touch the plane on that sloped runway and go upwards.

This must have to do with the fact that we are "fooling" Fs9 to slope the runway to make it a continous piece of terrain. Actually landing the other way I think, FS9 doesn't let itself get fooled.

Don't get me wrong, I don't underestimate the powers of aerosoft. But a scenery designer has already told me this is pure chance since FS9 does not support sloped runways

JP