Eurowings - BAE Plantes Error

dfisher

I have the Eurowings pack with my FS2004 installation.

When I select to fly any of the Aerospatiale or BaE planes they cause my computer to freeze and completly lock up.

The problem occurs when the plane is in mid air and I change from the cockpit view to an external view of the plane. The speakers from my computer then emit a continous high pitch beep and the computer freezes (even ALT, CTRL & DEL) does not work, I then have to switch the power off. This does not occur with the Airbus planes and they fly perfectly. I have dowloaded all the updates and still this has not rectified the problem. The problem only occurs in midair, if I change views whilst the plane is on the ground there is no problem. It can't be that my computer is not powerful enough as it is only 8 months old. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both FS2004 and Eurowings but the problem still persists.

Heres the specs to help you:

AMD X2 64 4800+

2GB DDR3200 RAM

300GB HDD

2x 128MB Nvidia 6600GT in SLi

Creative Audigy 2ZS (PCI)

Hello dfisher,

Seems to be happening a few times now with the Creative Audigy 2ZS that people are having issues with certain planes and crashes..

Can you try lowering the hardware acceleration for your card, if it fails then try dis-abling your soundcard and see if the crash still occurs.

Will there be a patch for this, as this is my main soundcard and obviously if I have to disable it to play games the add on pack won't be much use.

How do I turn down the hardware accleration for this device?

Hello dfisher,

Under the Control Panel open the Sounds and Audio Devices then select the Volumes tab and then under the Speaker settings select the Advanced button then chose the Performance tab and you should be able to adjust the acceleration there.

The problem is there is nothing to fix, I only wanted you to dis-able your soundcard in the Device manager to confirm the problem lies with the soundcard.

I've just checked the Creative Soundblaster Discussion Forums here and you'll see others are having the same crash with other software. Check this thread here, and you'll probably find its not an FS9 issue at all. Seems people have been trying to get Creative to sort something out.