Flight Attendant When In Cruise Mode

This is just a comment and a minor detail but is beginning to irritate me.

When in cruise the flight attendant asks the captain if he would like a coffee her last words are enjoy, has she already brought him the coffee or is she just asking if he wants one? A short time later she comes again and this time obviously has the coffee, shouldn't she say enjoy at this point, or has he now had 2 cups?

Also in your tutorial the mathematical symbols for greater than and less than sometimes appear to be mixed up, unless I am reading the instruction wrong,I think you are using > for less than and < for greater than, they should be the other way round.

I agree about the greater than and less than symbols, but flight attendant thing is just plain silly. If it bothers you that much, you can either change the .wav sound yourself or completely turn off all flight attendant sounds via the right MCDU.

I agree about the greater than and less than symbols, but flight attendant thing is just plain silly. If it bothers you that much, you can either change the .wav sound yourself or completely turn off all flight attendant sounds via the right MCDU.

I said it was only a minor irritation but it just seems wrong, would you expect someone to say enjoy something before they give it to you?

• Aerosoft

I asked this before and now I'm asking this again: The cabin crew voice files are exactly the same as those used in FS Passengers, correct?

No, that's a totally different product.

As suggested, if it does not suit you just disable it in the right MCDU. You can find the files in the FSXMainFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base\Sound_ASC and you could also just replace the sound you do not like with an silent sound.

No, that's a totally different product.

(...)

I checked single files from the AAX and FSP against each other ("F/A bringing coffee to the flightdeck"), outside the simulation (just playing via MS media player): Seems to me like the same voice, same intonation, but digitally re-mastered for some sound and environmental effects.

Maybe both commercial products have the same source for those voice files ...

Anyone interested can easily perform the same 'test': Just download the free trial version of FS Passengers, install, and play those voice files.

Ummm.... maybe she is saying "enjoy" to somebody else. Or you could imagine that she is anyway. So she says to you, "wanna cofffee?" and you say "yeah" and then she says to some 3rd party out of your view "enjoy" and then she brings your coffee, but she's not in a good mood with you so she doesn't tell you to enjoy it when she brings it. That is how I will interpret this situation.

Good idea never thought of that, that's what I will settle for. I didn't think that the post would cause such consternation,I was just trying to point out what I think may be a language problem. I find there is a lot of English grammar mistakes in the manuals but I have learnt my lesson I had better keep quiet in future.

Good idea never thought of that, that's what I will settle for. I didn't think that the post would cause such consternation,I was just trying to point out what I think may be a language problem. I find there is a lot of English grammar mistakes in the manuals but I have learnt my lesson I had better keep quiet in future.

Hi,

1. I would like to answer the question: Where are those sounds coming from? We already used those sounds for the Airbus X i.e. they are not new. Those files were available at that time as a freeware on various download sites..... So maybe "others" are using the same files?
  2. Second: If you have (or are able to produce) other soundfiles we would be pleased to replace it............
  3. Third: You are pointing out that there are a lot of English grammar mistakes in the manuals. Are you willing to correct those? If yes then please send me a personal message and we can discuss the details......

Regards,

Hanse

Yep. Thanks!

• (...) Where are those sounds coming from? We already used those sounds for the Airbus X i.e. they are not new. Those files were available at that time as a freeware on various download sites..... So maybe "others" are using the same files?
  • (...)

Hi,

1. I would like to answer the question: Where are those sounds coming from? We already used those sounds for the Airbus X i.e. they are not new. Those files were available at that time as a freeware on various download sites..... So maybe "others" are using the same files?
  2. Second: If you have (or are able to produce) other soundfiles we would be pleased to replace it............
  3. Third: You are pointing out that there are a lot of English grammar mistakes in the manuals. Are you willing to correct those? If yes then please send me a personal message and we can discuss the details......

Regards,

Hanse

Hi

First of all regarding the sound question. I should like to point out that someone else asked about where the sounds came from not me. I t doesn't bother me in the least. I was just trying to point out that it is strange for someone to ask if you want something and then say "enjoy" before they have brought it to you.

I am not a dedicated flight simmer I just saw the airbus when I was browsing online and thought I would like to try.Overall I am enjoying it very much, although I am a 70 year old beginner who has only occasionally tried FSX. This brings me to my point about the manuals especially from the viewpoint of a beginner .

I would like to give you some examples from the first 2 pages of vol 6

1 " If you load the aircraft it is not “dark & cold”". This to me means that the aircraft will always be cold and dark. I think you mean- If you load the aircraft and it is not dark and cold. (ie If it is not dark and cold when you load the aircraft Please set --)

2 " The functions recommend to assign to the joystick" Should be recommended (functions can't recommend only a person can do that) You use recommended correctly further down.

3 "Switching the Autopilot to ON do not work with assigned buttons or keys." Shouldn't it be does not work? Actually I would have said doesn't work.

These are errors I have found on the first 2 pages and I am not an expert on English grammar. I understand that English is a very difficult language and I am not sure that i could correct everything properly, I was a scientist not an English expert.

Oh just one more point, (and I am an expert in this,) the mathematical symbols for greater than, and less than are the wrong way round , as I mentioned in my first post.

Hi,

I just want to comment on the following: " If you load the aircraft it is not “dark & cold”". This to me means that the aircraft will always be cold and dark. I think you mean- If you load the aircraft and it is not dark and cold. (ie If it is not dark and cold when you load the aircraft Please set --)

It is exactly as I said: If you load the aircraft it is not "dark&cold". But for the start of our tutorial we need this aircraft state and therefore you have to do the things mentioned to set it into this state........

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Hanse

I first of all must apologise for my last post". I should have said This to me means that the aircraft will always not be cold and dark. (I missed the word not out )

I think we have spent far too much time on what is a trivial point, but if you look at my sentence now that I have added the word "not" I think you will see what I mean.That is without

the word "and " the sentence implies that the aircraft won't ever be in dark&cold state on starting. If this is correct the manual is right.

I know I am a beginner but I thought you could adjust the settings to start dark&cold (or cold&dark as I always seem to be saying). If this is correct then just adding the word and implies it could be in either state. Although better way would then be to say- If it is not dark & cold when you load the aircraft. Please set etc.

I have had a quick read of the others and cannot find much to be critical about. it is just vol 6, the one I read the most

Anyway I have better things to do than to go on discussing this point. So I will try to navigate that aircraft of yours so that it has a safe journey before I go to bed, I enjoy struggling with it.

Also could I please ask if there are plans to enable a position to be saved in FSX. that is to be able to save the situation in mid flight and reload.If I try to load a saved point FSX just crashes. It would be very useful in order to practice things like landings. It is not very nice to crash the aircraft on landing and then have to start the flight over again it takes far too long.

(...)

Also could I please ask if there are plans to enable a position to be saved in FSX. that is to be able to save the situation in mid flight and reload.If I try to load a saved point FSX just crashes. It would be very useful in order to practice things like landings. It is not very nice to crash the aircraft on landing and then have to start the flight over again it takes far too long.

It's possible already, but so far only for one single position (that is a single FMGS state):

First step: Save the flight situation from the FSX menu.

Second step: Save a user-defined panel state (automatically includes the MCDU data) from the right MCDU.

Loading that situation would be the same two-step procedure in the same order.

If you save a different situation (some time later on), you save a different panel state and a different MCDU (data) state. This time the older MCDU data (the older FMGS state) will be overwritten: Only the latest MCDU state persists.

This is not (yet) the perfect panel state saving we've come to appreciate with the PMDG aircraft. But it should help you a lot for practicing a particular landing. Be aware that the frequencies set on the RAD NAV page do NOT save; they always have to be entered again after reloading your flight. (Same is true for the TCAS, but you won't need that so badly for practicing landings.)

If your FSX still crashes with this 2-step procedure pls. give us all the details about what you do exactly in order to save and reload your flight situation.

Hi,

I just want to add something in connection with saving a "user state" and the checklist- and copilot functionality.

It is also possible to use a defined “USER STATE” in connection with the checklist- and copilot functionality. When saving this “state” the checklist-functionality must be ON, one checklist must have been completely finished and the next one should be available. This means p. e. you can save a state “Engine Start” after the “Before Pushback and Start” checklist has been finished. Next time you load this state, set the checklist functionality to ON and you are exactly there where you have stopped last time. Even that you are able to save various user states only the last MCDU state currently can be saved. (please see also chapter 4.3 of Vol6 StepbyStep tutorial).

Regards,

Hanse

PS: I will close this topic (flight attendants call) now because I think it is solved ....... If there are still open questions please open a new topic.......

Archived