Which traffic addon is the best for FSX?

maukro_1990

Hello,

i just want to know which traffic addon is the best! Can you recommend a product?

Good frames are very important for me, so please tell me the typical framrerate of the product you suggest.

Thank you !

PS: I don´t like WOAI, because i can´t use these AI planes with shadow etc.

Greetings,

maukro_1990

Tough question to ask and answer.

For me at this point in time its Ultimate Traffic 2 as the aircraft use real world routes but due to the way its set up ( it uses simconnect to inject the traffic ) airports can look barron at times. You also have to watch your flight levels as well and make sure they are correct for the direction you are flying in or you can have some close calls with on comming aircraft using some of the same waypoints as you do.

I use 50 to 55% commercial traffic and no ga traffic when im flying the Airbus or other larger aircraft.

Frame rate it a tough question as it depends on to many factors imo, but at an airport like Nice X in the A320 i sit at around 30fps with my current hardware, at bigger payware airports i would expect my fps to be in the very low 20's or even lower with my current settings but i only fly to regional airports.

Wehn it comes to traffic, you can pretty much guarantee a different answer off everyone. Personally I go with Traffic 360. For what ever reasons I've always got along with JustFlight's Traffic addons better. 360 also comes with the added bonus of having military AI too. I use it in conjunction with some AI from WOAI just to get a nice level of traffic and good variety.

Can't comment on frames of your system because you don't specifiy your system. BTW, you can use WOAI with ground shaddows if you do as I did and convert the files to native FSX files.

I have to 2nd Matt:

My own experiences with JF TrafficX and MyTraffic2010 are good.

If I had to get a traffic addon today I would consider UT, too.

And I came across a thread in a different forum asking :'What finally tips the scales if you can't decide which traffic addon to buy?' - lol!

Archived