"Special Beaver Takeoff"

Boerries

• Aerosoft
Something for an update of the Beaver? :oops:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/...ley_takeoff.wmv

That's one way of getting a floater taking off from land. Another is to wsit until it rains real hard and do it from high grass. Sounds strange but I seen it done. You have to make the plane real light and it is a bone jarring take-off but it works.

Real interesting concept!

As we say in our part of the world "A boer maak 'n plan" - A farmer comes up with a plan.

I guess the landing will be another challenge? :lol:

Eberhard

I'm sure there must be a story behind this, but as they went to all that effort to get the plane on the trailer...

...why didn't they just tow it to the water..? :?

• Aerosoft
I'm sure there must be a story behind this, but as they went to all that effort to get the plane on the trailer...

...why didn't they just tow it to the water..? :?

I actually believe this is not a real uncommon way of handling float planes who just had there floats fitted. Many fly with wheels/skis in the winter and on floats in the summer.

As I written, I saw one take off with floats from wet grass, that was because the water level in the creek were it was based was too low, to many rocks above the water. Could be something like that. Or even more simple, still ice opn the waterwhile the aircraft had to be used more south. Or even more simple, because they wanted to do it, wouldn't you?

I've also read somewhere that they will land on the grass at a facility to have the aircraft worked on and then depart in this manner.

LouP 8)