New airports for X-Plane 10

baw079

Hi,

I have just been having a look through the previews forum and noticed there were none in the pipeline for X-Plane. All the impending airports appear to be for FSX etc.

Can you please advise what, if any, airports we can expect in the short (and longterm) for X-Plane.

Cheers

Willie

Hi,

I had a look there as well some minutes ago and I have to say that it is really crazy how much new stuff is in the pipeline for FSX and P3D.

I mean, we all can feel that there is progress on the XP world but that gap to the other sims is still huge!

I think the planning for XP stuff is not included in that topic.

• Administrator

Hello,

we are in contact with developers and we will continue to bring new airports in our shop...

But at the time i cannot post an exact plan...

It's not good, to post a preview, if we do not have an really contract...

Greets

Hello,

we are in contact with developers and we will continue to bring new airports in our shop...

But at the time i cannot post an exact plan...

It's not good, to post a preview, if we do not have an really contract...

Greets

Heinz,

Thanks for the update.

We don't want the new sceneries to slow or stop as that could be fatal now that X-plane is becoming more popular.

• Administrator

Hello baw079,

we don't stop the developement for X-Plane 10.

But a good Quality takes time...

I think the next airport will be in GB. May be London.....

And we are working on two projects für X-Plane 10. Ich will post details if i get pictures.... At the moment it is just to early.

Greets

Heinz,

thanks again. Really looking forward to getting a London based airport, preferably EGLL and/or EGKK.

Cheers

Willie

• 2 weeks later...

Landmarks are really missing in X-Plane 10. This morning, don't know how that happened, I wondered if the Pyramimds in Egypt were displayed like mountains in X-Plane 10. As they were mentioned in the FSX-manual like "Hey, Take off from Cairo and head south, soon you'll see pyraminds" I have never tried that in X-Plane :o should do so when I'm home :-)

However, Landmarks will be a great addition to X-Plane 10.

+1 OSM is a very good solution for standard housing. With the work of PilotBalau and AlpilotX (both who using in some respect a different approach to fill in the scenery) it becomes more and more sophisticated. If we can combine this with landmarks, important buildings and bridges then we have a winner here.

Archived