BAe 146 LNAV problem

mrbutt89

When I first used the Eurowings BAe 146, I was able to enter a flight plan into the FMC and follow it by switching to LNAV on the autopilot.

Now, though, for some reason I can no longer do this. LNAV will appear briefly on the PFD and the pushbutton will light, but then a fraction of a second later it will go out again. The aircraft will not hold the programmed course, and the FMC will not acknowledge when each waypoint has been reached.

Have I simply forgotten a basic step that I used to do, or is there something wrong with the program itself? Any advice welcome!

Thanks.

Matthew

Hello Matthew,

You may want to check out the FMC manual just for reference, but it could be that your not on an intercept course with your first leg. There is a tutorial in the FMC and i believe it points out the differences for the Eurowings aircraft.

Thanks Shaun.

I'm pretty certain I've been on a proper course to intercept the first leg of the active flight plan, but I will check again later. I'll let you know if it sorts the problem.

I've also found someone on another forum with exactly the same problem. I'm contacting him to see if he finally solved it.

Thanks.

Matthew

Sorry to say, the problem's still there. :(

The "map view" on the navigation display is blank, apart from the usual course pointers, which suggests to me that there is no link between the FMC and the autopilot systems. I'm used to switching the source on the ATR, and this works fine. I'm not aware of any equivalent procedure on the BAe, but perhaps you know better?

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmm. I've got this problem with my ATR not loading a flight plan. Clicking on the left LKS just gets "Flight plan not available" so I added GPS as a back-up. I just hate getting lost!

Hello terryW,

Did you make the necessary folder for the flight plans and place a FS2002.cfg in your root FS9 folder.

The instructions on how to get Flight plans into the FMC are explained in the sticky General FAQs thread at the top of the forum.

Hello Shaun.

I'm new to flight sim & just installed the Flight1 ATR72-500 into FS2004 automatically. I printed 50 pages of info that included the FMC stuff & followed the directions to the letter. I have just done the usual find-a-route routine & saved it which is being picked up by the GPS I installed (details from FS004 web-site, as all I get with the FMC is "Flight plan not found."

I have been in touch with the ATR web site & I gather I need a patch or something, but my FS computer is not web-connected, but I will have to do that I suppose!.

I'll check the Faqs to see if I can get it to work.

Thanks.