Lukla and aircraft

Thorsten wrote

Regarding the repaint: The Porter HB-FAN was the one called Yeti holding the world record we were talking about earlier in this post. If somebody's interested I can upload the repaint to avsim when it's finished...

Hi Thorsten,

If it is the FSD Porter, I will also be interested in this repaint.

Great job!

Eberhard

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hartley, Hi Eberhard...

thanks for your interest and kind words. Yep it's the FSD Porter. Still one of my favorite planes to fly (beside the Beaver ;-) ). I will inform you when it's finished.

Btw today I was collecting some pictures of local carriers like Yeti Airways, Shangri-la Air and Royal Nepal - all using the Twin Otter. And a Cosmic Air Mi17. The paint schemes don't look that complex so I think I will waste some more time with repainting my old Lago Twin Otter and the Mi17 while waiting for this amazing scenery... anybody else using the old Lago one or do have all switched to the Premaircraft ones? They have done really excellent work but I still like the old cockpit and VC...

@altstiff:

If you mean with "Lago twin otter glass textures issue" the not existing glass texture, I've the same problem and not heard of a fix ;-)

Hi Hartley, Hi Eberhard...

thanks for your interest and kind words. Yep it's the FSD Porter. Still one of my favorite planes to fly (beside the Beaver ;-) ). I will inform you when it's finished.

Btw today I was collecting some pictures of local carriers like Yeti Airways, Shangri-la Air and Royal Nepal - all using the Twin Otter. And a Cosmic Air Mi17. The paint schemes don't look that complex so I think I will waste some more time with repainting my old Lago Twin Otter and the Mi17 while waiting for this amazing scenery... anybody else using the old Lago one or do have all switched to the Premaircraft ones? They have done really excellent work but I still like the old cockpit and VC...

@altstiff:

If you mean with "Lago twin otter glass textures issue" the not existing glass texture, I've the same problem and not heard of a fix ;-)

Hi Thorsten.

Another very good DHC-6 worth considering a repaint for would be the freeware version from Echo Delta Aviation

http://www.e-d-aviation.com/twin_otter.htm

There is a Shangri-La repaint available for this one, however if you fancy a go at a Yeti Airlines paint for the DHC-6 (any or all of the 3 listed) then I am sure that there would be a lot of interest. :wink:

It appears to be the most popular airline appearing at Lukla.

untitled8hn.jpg

dscn97270rz.jpg

img26372kw.jpg

luklaairportnepal00050ae.jpg

pict03494hv.jpg

Hi Thorsten!

It would be cool to see a Cosmic air MI-17.. would go nice with the Asian Airlines 17 i just finished. :)

I just can`t seem to find a good looking Twotter with a layered paintkit to do some work on. I`ll just leave the fixed wing planes to others. :wink:

I have now made two whirlybirds for Lukla. Time to look for some other ideas.

Let me know if you have some ideas. Would be cool to exchange some business tricks. :wink:

Hey Hartley! I kept most of the day (when not painting the 17) looking for a paintkit for the E-D Twotter. No luck there i`m afraid. I can`t seem to bother making one from an existing texture. :wink:

regards

Bjørn E. Henriksen

Hi Thorsten!

It would be cool to see a Cosmic air MI-17.. would go nice with the Asian Airlines 17 i just finished. :)

I just can`t seem to find a good looking Twotter with a layered paintkit to do some work on. I`ll just leave the fixed wing planes to others. :wink:

I have now made two whirlybirds for Lukla. Time to look for some other ideas.

Let me know if you have some ideas. Would be cool to exchange some business tricks. :wink:

Hey Hartley! I kept most of the day (when not painting the 17) looking for a paintkit for the E-D Twotter. No luck there i`m afraid. I can`t seem to bother making one from an existing texture. :wink:

regards

Bjørn E. Henriksen

Hi Bjørn.

That is a shame. I have emailed Eric Dantes to see about the availablity of a paint kit for his Twotter. If I hear back then I will post to see if anyone can help with a repaint.

Thank you for looking though, I appreciate that.

:D

Hi Hartley, Hi Bjørn...

@Hartley: that were exactly the pictures I collected ;-) I downloaded the Eric Dantes dhc6 and with the provided original textures it's easy to create at least a set of white base textures... not as good as layered ones but the yeti schemes are not so complex so it should work. Next week I will have some time for some more repainting...

@Bjørn: ok... I'll leave the 17 in your hands... still some time left for the cosmic one? ;-) btw what 17 are you repainting? I hope the Nemeth one ;-)

Thorsten