Freight Dogs, The Scenery: Chimney Smoke Problem

Ruahrc

Just installed your Freight Dogs, The Scenery package today. Initial impressions are very good- these airports/bases will make a fine addition to the bush flying.

I did notice one small problem, however. At two of the airports (CMBR and CBM5) there seems to be an error with the chimney smoke effect. At CBM5 the smoke is not coming straight out of the chimney but rather the smoke appears about 100ft into the air! At CMBR the effect is worse, the smoke from the campfires is probably 1000ft off the ground.

Is this some kind error on my system or is it something that will need to get fixed in a small patch?

Thanks!

Ruahrc

Interesting. I think my problems are due to 3rd party AFCADs. However I think I may have made a little mess of things as I can fix CBM5 but then CMBR is broke- or vice versa. I will uninstall and re-install, stick with the default AFCADs, and see if it fixes it.

Ruahrc

Okay I reinstalled but still am having some trouble. It seems like if I launch FS9 and from the "create a flight" menu start a flight at CBM5- it looks normal. Then if I use the "Go To Airport" menu to go to CMBR, it will look messed up. The same thing happens when I switch the two airports (start at CMBR and "go to" CBM5).

So it seems like the first airport I visit will have correct smoke heights but then the other airport will not look correct.

Any ideas?

Ruahrc

Hi Rua,

The problem with effects hovering in the air is a known bug of FS9 I'm afraid. It cannot be 'patched' (unless MS would get to work on it <grin>), but it is usually 'gone' when reloading the scene.

It does not happen all the time, and not on all PC's it seems. I see it VERY rare on mine, some others see it all the time.

Best regards,

Francois

Thanks for the explanation. It's not too big a bother... but would have been nice if it were possible to fix. Here's hoping for FSX ;)

Ruahrc