Autoland flare

ROMAN78

Hello...I've noticed that the flare on 1.01 isn't as smooth as before. Touchdown rate is between -300 & -400. Not bad just a bit stiff. I remember having softer rates. Could someone look into that? Thanks

Roman78

Hi Roman,

please install the latest Hotfix (16b), it contains a smoother pitch down moment which is more realistic and will therefore give you nicer touchsownrates.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do not know if it is related, but being smoother "pitch down" attitude at 20 ft call allowed me to make "silk touchdowns" in manual yesterday.

In prior versions, at 20 ft the nose "collapsed", even if at 50 ft you began correcting the forecasted energic pitch down...

Regards

Sorry but my average autoland has been between -250 and -488. Any suggestions. I haven't done anything different from previous versions.

ROMAN78

Sorry but my average autoland has been between -250 and -488. Any suggestions. I haven't done anything different from previous versions.

ROMAN78

Same problem here, after applied Hotfix (16b) my average still between -250 and -350 (using autoland)

Same problem here, after applied Hotfix (16b) my average still between -250 and -350 (using autoland)

It probably won't get much better with autoland. Lot's of addon planes don't do better than that, especially in the mid-price range. Planes that do better need a tremendous amount of coding and tweaking to get it right. Some addons 'grease' the autoland but it feels more like 'cheating' to me.

Just compare the PMDG autolands (soft touchdown/authentic) to the iFly ones (soft, too, but feels slightly 'wrong', IMO).

And compare the Wilco/FTh Airbus autolands (harder) to the AAX ones (softer). Some progress has been made, I reckon ...

Completely agree Gustavo... Wished I had backed up te original installer to the AXE before the upgrade or had backed up the Hotfixes. I remember the flare being alot smoother and better.

ROMAN78

It's summer... enjoy the good weather and manual flying :P

Exactly, who wants to sit in front af an PC Screen, pushing AP on at 20ft above the Departure Ground and than get red eyes until manualy taxi to your arrival stand? :) I think, for real Pilots its the greatest to fly by hand.

I was just stating what I've noticed...I fly manually as well but I can't hide the truth.It is great to fly, but the latest hotfix did change the performance.It was better before. The 1.01 update as far as autoland. Any take care....its just constructive criticism

Completely agree Gustavo... Wished I had backed up te original installer to the AXE before the upgrade or had backed up the Hotfixes. I remember the flare being alot smoother and better.

ROMAN78

I was just stating what I've noticed...I fly manually as well but I can't hide the truth.It is great to fly, but the latest hotfix did change the performance.It was better before. The 1.01 update as far as autoland. Any take care....its just constructive criticism

Roman, are you referring to HF014?

I believe that's the file. I hope I'm being understood correctly. I love this plane! I respect/what the team has done in developing it into a superior simulation and by far the best Airbus A32X in FS.

ROMAN78

Thats ok for me, nö Problem ;)

Everthing is Fine, and i dont wanted to critic you. :)

Archived