NPD-cycl1306_iFly737NG_KDCA-RNAV19-approaches

janar737

Hello All,

If you load the RNAV19 approach to KDCA (Ronald Reagan Washington National) in the iFly737NG FMC, using the BAL or AML transition it becomes clear that the leg KUBEY-HIXIT or CUKLI-HIXIT shows up as a straight line (TF-leg) while it should be a LT Arc or RT Arc (RF-leg)

To solve this the waypoint HIXIT should be moved from the start of the approach to the end of each relevant approach transitions. To do so follow the steps below

0. Make backup copy of the files you are going to change !

1. Find the file KDCA.app (in FSX/iFly/navdata/STAR/), open it in Notepad and remove the line

R19,19,HIXIT,+38.969381,-077.178281,0,1,000,0,0,0,2,0,3000,0,0,000,0,000,000,0,

from the RNAV19 (R19) approach, close the gap and save the file again

2.Find the file KDCA.apptrs (in FSX/iFly/navdata/STAR/), open it in Notepad and add the following lines

AML,R19,HIXIT,+38.969381,-077.178281,0,4,R143,0,0,0,2,0,3000,0,0,000,4.5,000,000,0,

at the end of the AML transition

BAL,R19,HIXIT,+38.969381,-077.178281,0,4,L143,0,0,0,2,0,3000,0,0,000,3.6,000,000,0,

at the end of the BAL transition

RAYEE,R19,HIXIT,+38.969381,-077.178281,0,1,000,0,0,0,2,0,3000,0,0,000,0,000,000,0,

at the end of the RAYEE transition

and save the file again

The advantage of this solution is that

1. The approach starts now at the FAF (JTSON)

2.Each leg to HIXIT can be programmed to deliver the required leg type

See you, Jan

"BAL or AML transition" ?

Edit: After looking at the chart I see BAL routing to KUBEY.

Interseting that KUBEY is not an IAF on the chart ... I was wrong in assuming here!

Again on the chart I now see where the IAF BELTS is located

But anyway, I have not loaded it into iFly737NG yet.

Why can't the various legs just be coded properly in the Source Navadata?

Why can't the various legs just be coded properly in the Source Navadata?

Hi Vaughan,

we are working together with iFly on a solution. But as the solution is not as simple as just moving around some legs, it takes time.

Peter,

Sorry ... no harm.

I had no idea what was going on with this approach.

I just guessed that the Source data was in error for some reason .. e.g. not an Aerosoft or iFly problem.

I could not imagine trying to hand edit all this stuff either.

Edit:

By Source I meant the company that provides you with the data.

Ah, you meant that "source". Well this source is correct, otherwise some airlines would have major problems ;)

But for the problem: As soon as I have a date when it will be fixed, I'll let you know. It also depends if the solution requires a patch of the iFly gauge or only changes in NavDataPro.

Right,

I was only responding to the OP ... I had the question for him ... so I could find out what was going on.

I had no idea that this KDCA approach ... fixes being moved around ... was part of your work with iFly.

Now I see and understand.

No harm intended here .. no rush either.

I have solved the problem together with iFly, but we have to wait until they release a bugfix for the gauge. It will probably be part of their open beta version 3.1.3. This inlcudes also some other procedure improvement we could identify.

Archived