Preview: Casablanca 2006

• Aerosoft

By now we got enough stable code to show you a good sample of Casablanca 2006. This is a product that is easy to underestimate as it is perhaps a bit out of the standard routes of our customers, but when you buy this product you get 2 airports and a complete city. And look at the screenshots and you will see the level of detail.

A release date you might ask... well, let's say close. Close as in days more then weeks.

001.jpg

Okay, this one is a joke, but it shows Mat does research his products!

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

See how nice it blends with default scenery?

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

012.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

Yes, that is indeed rather stunning night lighting.

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

Congratulations Mathjis:

For the extra of a detailed city scenery and for pushing the FS frontiers, simmers are missing a lot of incredible places like this to fly.

Just take a look at the close Canary Islands and you´ll have a hughe new world for virtual flying. On the other hand it has the quality that we always found in your products. Close connections to and from, Tunisia, Italy and Iberia.

Thanks too for anticipaing our questions (or at least, mines), cant wait weeks.

Regards

Mario

PS: Casablanca without Humphrey?....doesn´t exist!!

The first picture which is supposed to be a joke should actually be part of the scenery for real. When people think of this area the classic movie always comes to mind. Please include those figures and the car in the release version... :)

I'd go as far as to say a static Beech 18 would fit the bill as well. Put in a cool location at the airport (the real scenes were depicted next to a hanger with the plane back in the distance), this would diffidently be something worth flying to Casablanca to see in FS. Imagine 'Bogy' at the real airport (or shall I say the FS version)... Guys the first pic was coolest idea of all...

Play it again Sam or should I say 'Mathjis'... :D

• Aerosoft
The first picture which is supposed to be a joke should actually be part of the scenery for real. When people think of this area the classic movie always comes to mind. Please include those figures and the car in the release version... :)

I'd go as far as to say a static Beech 18 would fit the bill as well. Put in a cool location at the airport (the real scenes were depicted next to a hanger with the plane back in the distance), this would diffidently be something worth flying to Casablanca to see in FS. Imagine 'Bogy' at the real airport (or shall I say the FS version)... Guys the first pic was coolest idea of all...

Well, the objects are there in the scenery and I'll try to have a Beech down there as well.

• Aerosoft
looks verry good Mathijs.

Does your team also have plans to make scenery`s of Turkische airports and Greek Airports

There will be some Greek scenery in some form (don't ask me now please) but there are no plans for Turkish airports at this moment. But I promise to have a good look at that when FSx is available. I agree that there is a market that goes beyond the standard routing in FS.

• Aerosoft

Although a lot of information seems to be conflicting, we are now pretty sure the aircraft in question was an Electra.

Mathijs...you did "Beech on the Beach": a link between aircraft and scenery (not clear in Oliver Moneo opinion) and you will not do AN "Electra in Casablanca" or something?, why not?...would be more difficult to argue against "linking sceneries and aircrafts" in this case.

By the way, if Cloud9 and Lago used to play recorded environmental sounds in their sceneries, why not hear "As times goes by" when approaching to Ingrid Bergman?...who knows...

Just kidding too

(yes, there are romantic simmers too)

Cheers!

Mario

• Aerosoft
Mathijs...you did "Beech on the Beach": a link between aircraft and scenery (not clear in Oliver Moneo opinion) and you will not do AN "Electra in Casablanca" or something?, why not?...would be more difficult to argue against "linking sceneries and aircrafts" in this case.

By the way, if Cloud9 and Lago used to play recorded environmental sounds in their sceneries, why not hear "As times goes by" when approaching to Ingrid Bergman?...who knows...

Just kidding too

(yes, there are romantic simmers too)

Cheers!

Mario

Romantic simmers, yet another target group to focuss on, lol.

I looked a while at the Electra but there are just a bit too many small differences to create it easy from the Beech 18. The fact we like to bundle a bit of scenery with an aircraft comes from the fact many customers of these aircraft are first time buyers, we like to give them both the scenery and the aircraft so they can see a whole new FS2004.

• 2 weeks later...