Flaps call incorrectly tied to MCDU entry?

I apologize for my ignorance if this has been discussed before (search is my friend, too!):

The flaps call by the flight crew in the after-engine-start C/L seems to be related to the flaps entry on the takeoff page of the MCDU.

AFAIK it should be tied to the actual flaps setting as per the flaps lever on the flightdeck or as in the physical flaps system, right?

Example: If I enter 'Flaps 2' for takeoff, but my flaps lever is set to 'Flaps 1' (CONF 1+F) the call (= answer to the C/L challenge) is "Fläpps tuuh" ( :P ), which seems to be wrong to me. (Callout should not be "wannabe" but "raw data".)

... Burn after reading!!! :ph34r:

The right MCDU/Copilot developer is currently on holiday, that's the reason he did not reply. I believe he'll be back on the 10th, so expect an answer around that time in case no Tester will reply earlier.

Thanks for the heads-up, Emanuel. I think I can live with it for a few days. There may even be a reason for implementing it this way! :o

Okay ...

On another flight I observed the (active) F/O setting flaps to '2' - according to the MCDU entry.

The F/O obviously needs some piece of information in order to set the flaps correctly. So the MCDU entry 'leads' and the actual flaps setting 'follows'.

Same is true with an inactive F/O, just reading the C/Ls: The actual flaps setting has to be matched against a 'correct' (leading) setting. No other option than to check against the MCDU entry, right?

Bottom line: Everything's fine with the flaps item in the after-engine-start C/L.

blush.png "Thank you very much for all the confusion I managed to cause you!" blush.png

Hi Oliver,

you are completely right with your last statement. I have nothing to add as you clearly described how the C/L functionality works (with F/O enabled or disabled).

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Oliver,

you are completely right with your last statement. I have nothing to add as you clearly described how the C/L functionality works (with F/O enabled or disabled).

Regards,

Hanse

Thanks for confirming, Hanse.

I just marked my own post above 'best answer', lol!

Archived