MHTG on AES list but not functioning

Hi, I purchased MHTG Tegucigalpa airport and have available AES credits, but it is "off" in the AES activation airport menu and will not let me select to activiate. I checked another forum on this subject airport and if it is on the AES list, it should function and it is on the listing. Is it not available to activate?

First of all please check if it is listed in the scenery library. If it's not there can't be activated.

First of all please check if it is listed in the scenery library. If it's not there can't be activated.

Yes, The add-on is in my FSX scenery library. The airport is there but I cannot get the boarding gates to work unless I have AES. But cannot add AES for it.

Set AESHelp to 'List only installed Addons'. It'll cause less confusion that way.

If an airport is missing with this setting, installation of the airport is not completed or even faulty.

I don't think the airport is faulty because it installed okay and is in my scenery library. I used it a few times but cannot get the boarding gates to work unless I have AES.

Yes, The add-on is in my FSX scenery library. The airport is there but I cannot get the boarding gates to work unless I have AES. But cannot add AES for it.

It indeed seems there went something wrong.

Just to rule these out:

1) If you have a pirated copy of either it won't work

2) Have you tried reinstalling the airport? Sometimes it just won't work the first try though you can't see any problem... Windows logic...

3) Have you tried restarting your computer?

It indeed seems there went something wrong.

Just to rule these out:

1) If you have a pirated copy of either it won't work

2) Have you tried reinstalling the airport? Sometimes it just won't work the first try though you can't see any problem... Windows logic...

3) Have you tried restarting your computer?

I purchased TAXI2GATE - TONCONTIN MHTG FSX this week and installed it with no problem. I can try and re-install again. Restarting my computer did not do anything.

Did you install the latest airport update? Sometimes AES support isn't included in the initial release but rather added in a "servicepack".

- There is definitely an update #1 available for MHTG in FSX!!! -

I don't quite understand about" installing lastest airport update" I purchased the airport addon this week. Is there some "update" I obtain somewhere and where do I install it?

Depends on where you bought it.

I got mine from simmarket and from my simmarket account I can download two files for FSX:

- initial release

- update

The installer for the update does not read my FSX installation path; it tries to install into a different folder. So chances are, the update fails.

Have a look at your shop's download account, download the update from there, and make sure the update installs into the same folder, where the first installer did.

I purchased TAXI2GATE - TONCONTIN MHTG FSX this week and installed it with no problem. I can try and re-install again. Restarting my computer did not do anything.

I reinstalled and rebooted but it did not make any difference. It is still listed as "off" in AES airport listing.

Now that's bad luck: The LatinVFR version is AES supported, but I can't confirm for the Taxi2Gate version ...

EDIT: And the feature list for the Taxi2Gate version from simmarket doesn't include AES support ...

@cfoley:

There's still a chance that AES will be retrofitted into the "recent Taxi2Gate releases" mentioned in the AVSIM thread. (MHTG is about 3 months older than the posts I linked.)

No guarantee, though, because I can't speak on behalf of "the other Oliver" (Pabst).

Just another idea of mine: Submit a ticket to simmarket and ask them whether you can trade the Taxi2Gate version for the LatinVFR version?

@cfoley:

There's still a chance that AES will be retrofitted into the "recent Taxi2Gate releases" mentioned in the AVSIM thread. (MHTG is about 3 months older than the posts I linked.)

No guarantee, though, because I can't speak on behalf of "the other Oliver" (Pabst).

Just another idea of mine: Submit a ticket to simmarket and ask them whether you can trade the Taxi2Gate version for the LatinVFR version?

I checked LatinVFR site for MHGT but when I click to purchase, I get the following message. The page isn't redirecting properly Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I also noticed that LatinVFR for MHGT is not listed in Simmarket. I had to google LatinVFR to find it.

Depends on where you bought it.

I got mine from simmarket and from my simmarket account I can download two files for FSX:

- initial release

- update

The installer for the update does not read my FSX installation path; it tries to install into a different folder. So chances are, the update fails.

Have a look at your shop's download account, download the update from there, and make sure the update installs into the same folder, where the first installer did.

I also purchased mine from Simmarket.

It used to be hidden at simmarket - linked to another product page.

Link isn't active anymore. You'll have to ask simmarket, whether they can help you ...

I checked simmarket and they only have a trouble ticket page are made it very clear that non-related questions pertaining to a purchase will be ignored and any product problems need to be addressed to the product, so I can't asked where I can order LatinVRS MHTG.

Taxi2gate does not have a trouble forum, but I can send an email to them with my problem. I did and explained that the boarding gates do not work. Whether they reply or not remains to be seen.

I checked simmarket and they only have a trouble ticket page are made it very clear that non-related questions pertaining to a purchase will be ignored and any product problems need to be addressed to the product, so I can't asked where I can order LatinVRS MHTG.

Yes, you can: The SM ticket system is supposed to be used for any communication. SM does not directly support individual titles, but your request is sales-related so you are "entitled" to use their ticket system.

Taxi2gate does not have a trouble forum, but I can send an email to them with my problem. I did and explained that the boarding gates do not work. Whether they reply or not remains to be seen.

Good move, maybe they have an update or a confirmation on the AES "retrofit".

Not trying to talk you into another purchase, but: If you own GSX (Ground Services for FSX by fsdreamteam) already; it supports any airport, no matter whether default or addon. It doesn't move the boarding gates, though.

Talking of boarding gates: If Taxi2Gate is NOT AES-supported; shouldn't the MHTG boarding gates work with the default FSX key command? What does the T2G manual state?

Yes, you can: The SM ticket system is supposed to be used for any communication. SM does not directly support individual titles, but your request is sales-related so you are "entitled" to use their ticket system.

Good move, maybe they have an update or a confirmation on the AES "retrofit".

Not trying to talk you into another purchase, but: If you own GSX (Ground Services for FSX by fsdreamteam) already; it supports any airport, no matter whether default or addon. It doesn't move the boarding gates, though.

Talking of boarding gates: If Taxi2Gate is NOT AES-supported; shouldn't the MHTG boarding gates work with the default FSX key command? What does the T2G manual state?

Unfortunately the FSX key command does not work in Taxi2gate for the boarding gates.

Unfortunately the FSX key command does not work in Taxi2gate for the boarding gates.

SM no longer offers LatinVFR for MHTG. I also sent an email to Taxi2gate about their boarding gates not functioning but never received a reply.

Archived