Overspeed

SquadronLeader52

I have just flown from EGSS to EDDT. Whilst cruising at a speed of 280 at FL330, the following happened on at least three occasions. I was using both autopilot and autothrust.

The speed suddenly increased to 340 and the plane climbed about 200 ft - the Master warning sounded - and the autopilot and autothrust reacted and stabilized the speed and returned to FL330. About a minute later, the speed suddenly reduced to 240 and the plane dropped about 200ft - against the autopilot and autothrust corrected the situation and returned to a speed of 280 and FL330.

Strikes me as odd that this exact same sequence occurred at least three times. Any thoughts?

What was the upper winds like as the normal cause for something like this is an unrealistic wind shift that most weather addons cause.

Guest Closed

I get it too, but as all the other guys said, it's WEATHER related, not due to the Airbus in any way.

I use OpusFSX so put it down to that, but I believe you can also get it using standard FSX 'realtime' weather.

Archived