Beaver Checklists (Different switch names ect)

JamieOz

Hello. I have had your amazing DHc-2 Beaver for a while now, and i must say its a joy to fly (especially with the Freight Dogs The Scenery package) however, i have allways had problems with the checklists. The checklists refer to items such as 'Manifold Drain' 'Ignition Switch' and 'Generator swtich' 'Primer' and so on. Now there are no switches with these names on the cockpit panel or VC. Would it be possible for someone to post here what buttons have what names on the checklist? Also there is a step on the chesklist which is "Check if magneto cuts out at 800-900 rpm" how do i do this?

P.S i also read in a magazine that beavers had wobble pumps to prime the engines, and i noticed in the Virtual Cockpit of the beaver there are several unlabled levers at the bottem of the cockpit, is one of them the wobble pump?

Hello JamieOz,

The switches should tell you what they are when you hover the mouse over them if you have Show Cockpit ToolTips checked in Options|Settings|General in the FS9 dropdown menu.. Also about the wobble pump this is mentioned in the manual should be on page 29..

The real aircraft checklists are there as a guide in FS9. Obviously some of the checklists you cannot do in flight simulator as flight simulator is only a game, like drain the fuel sump for contamination etc this is not physically possible only in the real world, you have to differentiate what can and cant be done...

"Check if magneto cuts out at 800-900 rpm"

The engine is at idle on my Beaver at around 480 rpm if you increase the throttle to 800-900 rpm does the magneto's cut out!!

Thanks for the tip on cockpit tooltips :) totally forgot about them. Heh, i usually delve deeply into all manuals for software i own, but i wanted to jump straight into this bird and fly her! It completly slipped my mind. Thanks a million.