All Sounds and checklist now working Perfectly

barrendrop3

Hi All

Thought I would share this with you all in case it helps others.

Windows 7 64 bit on C driver, FSX on D drive in root directory, user accounts set to min and all programs run as admin

I have a Windows 7 64 bit computer been using it for 15 months now and all was well I thought, but once the Aerosoft extended airbus came out and I started flying it, I found I had lots of the verbal checklist from the First officer missing, also on finals the callouts of heights at 2500ft etc, and the retard callouts were all missing.

Now to the solution, If I set my default sound device in windows to USB headset instead of speakers plugged into my sound card and then start the computer, all the windows sounds on start up can be heard from headset. Now I start FSX and set up the flight cold and dark, sounds still all through headset. Once runnig I now set default sound device in windows 7 to speakers and then go back into FSX and sound option page and just click user interface sound tick box off then back on. Then back to the flight and everything is perfect all the missing sounds are there and every flight. The airbus checklist never hangs, as some report, and as mine did, as I wasn't hearing the commands they want me to set or check.

I now find that I hear other sounds in other payware aircraft that I didnt know were missing and when flying online on IVAO and I go to type a UNICOM message, I no longer have silence whilst I am typing as the engine sounds and enviroment remain on through speakers

After i have finished the flight and before I switch the computer off, I reset the USB headset back to default in windows ready for the next switch time.

If I don't repeat this procedure each time, then the missing sounds happen again

I hope this helps others and if any one knows why this is happening and how to set it all up with a permanent fix, please post here

But for now I am happy with procedure I have working

Derek

Hi

Anybody else with hanging checklist do you hear FO saying engine 2 starting engine one starting, and Captain good start engines, if not this procedure may help you

Derek

Fascinating ...

Did you try switching sound in FSX off and back on (hitting 'Q' on the keyboard) before your fix? Did this work for you, too?

Do you fly the PMDG NGX? Any sound anomalies there before, which are fixed for you now?

Hi

Just tried the Q on keyboard without my procedure and Q had no effect on sound, wwent into fsx and click on on user sound tick box know it of then back on then back to live flight and Q now toggles sound in and off , howvever when I got to start up off engines I lost the starting no 2 starting no 1 again so that procedure doesnt work, Hope that helps you track down what is going on. I have ifly 737 and I am sure I get a few more call outs with my new procdure. The problem shows up more with the airbus because of the interativity of captain and FO. I thnk this product is great, now I can hear all the vocals

Derek

• Aerosoft

Hi

Just tried the Q on keyboard without my procedure and Q had no effect on sound, wwent into fsx and click on on user sound tick box know it of then back on then back to live flight and Q now toggles sound in and off , howvever when I got to start up off engines I lost the starting no 2 starting no 1 again so that procedure doesnt work, Hope that helps you track down what is going on. I have ifly 737 and I am sure I get a few more call outs with my new procdure. The problem shows up more with the airbus because of the interativity of captain and FO. I thnk this product is great, now I can hear all the vocals

Derek

The sounds of the checklist are not handled by FSX but we send those direct to DirectX. This makes the impact on the sim a lot lower (if you got a serious soundcard the hardware will handle almost all of it actually).

Also check Sound LOD in fsx.cfg is set @ =0. Users who use Jesus (hey-sus) tweaks will find it is set to =1. This can have a detrimental effect to what you hear in fsx.

Archived