Howto repaint the Beaver

radarman

Downloaded and flew the Beaver this afternoon, and it has exceeded my expectations. What a brilliant aircraft.

Also downloaded the repaint kit, to have a go at that, but could not get that to work. I have Paintshop V7 which loads the picture and knows about the layers, but they all appear to be linedrawings. Is there a howto somewhere about repaints? Failing that, is there a kind soul here who could give a rapid explanation?

Thanks in advance

Richard

• Aerosoft
Downloaded and flew the Beaver this afternoon, and it has exceeded my expectations. What a brilliant aircraft.

Also downloaded the repaint kit, to have a go at that, but could not get that to work. I have Paintshop V7 which loads the picture and knows about the layers, but they all appear to be linedrawings. Is there a howto somewhere about repaints? Failing that, is there a kind soul here who could give a rapid explanation?

Thanks in advance

Richard

I beleive you are only looking at one of the layers of the file. Not knowing Paint Shop well I can't help a lot, but do look for the layers options.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Hi Richard,

the lines you are seeing are the GMAX layer. In Photoshop disable, or hide, this layer by clicking on he first layer, i.e. the GMAX layer in the layers pallete, and make the "eye" disappear. Then you will see the other layers.

Repainting this paintkit is quite a mission, what I am saying is, you need to have some knowledge of repainting and the gory details of how to use blending options in Photoshop. It took me quite a while to master that paintkit, but it was worth it. I have done quite a few Beaver repaints, but to date I have not published them. Probably I should.

Another tip. Hide all the layers except relief and the last locked layer. Then create your own layers, i.e. a layer for your fuselage and a layer for the tail. I have found that creating various layers make changes much easier, since you do not have to be careful deleting details you want to keep.

The layers you place above the two mentioned layers should all have a blending option of "multiply". You can experiment also with the other blending options, but I have found that multiply is often the best choice.

I hope that helps.

Regards

Eberhard