Help! No ai aircraft at Skiathos!

booforty

I bought the fantastic 29Palms Skiathos X scenery and am running My Traffic X. However, I am unable to get any airline traffic to appear at LGSK. I've spent quite a lot of time with the help of a fellow forum member, HotelFox55, but we are still baffled and wondered if any other MTX users have any issues?

What's interesting is when I move the GA traffic slider to 100%, I get lots of GA traffic and parking at all three parking spots, so the AFCAD appears to be working ok.

I have disabled the MTX default AFCAD for LGSK so that only the 29Palms AFCAD is active. When I look at the departure schedules for LGSK, I have a number of airline schedules included for A319, A320, and B738 and B752 aircraft, so the schedules are there.

We then realised the runway length at Skiathos is only 5,230ft and yet the runway properties for the aircraft above all required longer runways to operate: A319 – 5280ft ; A320 – 6111ft ; B738 – 7200ft ; B752 – 7000ft.

So we then changed the runway length properties for each of these aircraft type to 5,200ft - still no ai traffic appearing!!

Does anyone else have any issues with MTX working at LGSK or have any other ideas I could try and get some ai life into this fabulous scenery?

Thanks all! :)

That's right, very few (if any) flight plans exist for LGSK. I created 4 new ones, updated the schedules and traffic files - but none of them appear, even after tweaking the runway length properties for each aircraft type.

That's why I'm asking for help, I've exhausted all logical options and thought I might be missing something?

It seems to me MTX doesn't generate much traffic at LGSK: I get one Learjet with both traffic sliders at 100%.

You may want to 'tweak' your MTX flight plans ...

Make sure when you check the departure and arrival times, you have the correct time set in the sim for the flight to happen as some flight plans will compensate for time zones in the sim. Also those runway lengths you posted are for the MOTW ( or close to it ) I think, you should scale them back a bit.

Example,

757-200 with RB211 engines , Airport at sea level, weighing just under 180,000lbs with almost ISA conditions should get off the ground in less than 4000ft depending on configuration ( flaps, trim etc.. ) and it could be as low as 3500ft runway needed

Hope this can be of help in some way

Paul

Thanks Paul,

I did scale the runway length figures back to, say, 4,000ft so well within LGSK runway length but still nothing.

Please can anyone confirm if they have MTX and have airline traffic (A320, B757) working fine at Skiathos X?

Make sure when you check the departure and arrival times, you have the correct time set in the sim for the flight to happen as some flight plans will compensate for time zones in the sim. Also those runway lengths you posted are for the MOTW ( or close to it ) I think, you should scale them back a bit.

Example,

757-200 with RB211 engines , Airport at sea level, weighing just under 180,000lbs with almost ISA conditions should get off the ground in less than 4000ft depending on configuration ( flaps, trim etc.. ) and it could be as low as 3500ft runway needed

Hope this can be of help in some way

Paul

Hi, since I don't have MTX I can't test this but I can confirm that WoAI Traffic works just fine (A320, B737, B752).

I don't know if this bug also affects AI aircraft models but simobjects in general can be suppressed by FS9 traffic files. Do you have anything like that installed?

Unlikely if there's still traffic in other places.

MTX has lots of settings that can be/must be 'tweaked' to achieve certain results. I'm glad I got it working with default settings (except for LGSK ...).

Either the dedicated MT forums can help ... or, how about a customized compiled LGSK traffic *.bgl from 29Palms, Lars?!? :P

Thanks for the response Lars.

I don't have FS9, so no conflicts there.

MTX is running fine with traffic everywhere, except LGSK. GA traffic appears fine and uses all parking spots, its just airline traffic that doesn't appear. As I said, I've tweaked here and there but still not luck.

From what Oliver is saying above, he has MTX too and doesn't have traffic at LGSK, so maybe it isn't just me? Anyone else with the same problem?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought LGSK no AI at all, I have MTX Lite would be a shame not to have any AI at this great airport, thank you.

The best way for you might be to follow booforty and ask for support at the official MyTraffic forum. You can find his thread here: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/74487-help-no-ai-traffic-at-lgsk-skiathos-x/

Probably it is worth mentioning that you run a different version (MyTraffic Lite) than booforty.

hi,

it is only supplied the scenery, so without Traffik for this airport

Whether any additional software then traffik for this airport contains ... I do not know unfortunately. I'm even any airport for everyone to be able to create my traffik ... as well as for LGSK (see pics)

cu Juergen

post-77582-0-54476500-1372017814_thumb.j post-77582-0-94356800-1372017856_thumb.j

You can see the actions post-77582-0-14265200-1372017884_thumb.j

Archived