Abort Checklist - Skip CL item

Fab10

Hi,

Despite the number of posts about hung or repeating checklist items, still these occur, and frequently too (Baro Reference Captain).

Why can't a check list halt / Ctrl-C be implemented? There's nothing worse than ending a long and great flight with a copilot who endlessly repeats a checklist item - it's hard on the ears.

An abort checklist, kill checklist item, or reset checklist mechanism is really needed, even if it means not being able to use checklists for the remainder of the flight.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Fabio

The idea to akip checklist items is really a good one in my opinion. I'll forward it to the developer for the A318/319 series.

Fully agree. Since the first Day i was wondering why there isnt an option to stop the checklist once it is hung.

It's better to have no checklists for the remainder of the flight than having them stuck at some item.

Hi,

the problem with completely aborting the checklist is that we do not know which "keys" we should use because we had similar problems with "1" and "2". There are a lot of add-ons using key-commands and in FSX you are also able to make your individual settings. So we prefer to find the problems occuring and to solve it.........

But we are thinking of another similar solution / idea: After the copilot repeated his call three times the checklist will jump to the next item. But this cannot be implemented generally but has to checked individually for each call. To give you an excample what I mean: There is no problem to implement this for the "Barometric Check" but it should not be done for "Landing Gear". To do this seperately for every call means a lot of work and we do not know when we are able to realize it.

But with the next hotfix we will implement this change for the "Barometric Check" only because we believe that mistakes are still made in connection with this procedure.

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Hanse,

wouldnt it be possible to do this not with an HotKey but a selection option in the right MCDU "Abort Checklist" or so?

best regards

Manuel

Hanse,

That's a good idea to dedicate an MCDU2 button to this task, AND it's a good idea to force the checklist to move on. Both please?

Please clarify what pressure setting mistakes are being made, so we can better understand how to prevent falling into this trap?

And can't that copilot be re-trained?! ;-)

Thanks,

Fabio

Yesterday, I made an unscheduled stop at an airport for a touch & go (don't ask, it was an online event!), but the AXE P1/P2 checklist system couldn't handle this unexpected regime, and, as a consequence, my copilot again became fixated on demanding a go-around altitude.

In the end, I had to retire, because the next leg was 500nm, and I didn't want her nagging me for that lengthy journey.

The groundbreaking greatness of the AXE is not in question, though it falls short when the apparent inflexibility of the normally most excellent P1/P2 checklist system is evident.

It seems that Aerosoft has identified a procedural weakness by pilots, whereas pilots express a weakness in the checklist flexibility.

Addressing both - an FMC stop button AND a max repeat limit - would provide both parties with the options that they need.

For me, a kill checklist item or kill checklist period option would have saved the day for me; instead, an inline event that I prepared for had to be abandoned. My other option would have been to not run the checklists, or select an alternate aircraft.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Fabio

Hi,

there are a lot of things which have to be concerned to abort a checklist completely if the user does not know what to do or how to handle the problem.

For the current main issues we therefore decided to implement another solution i. e. the call is repeated just three times and then the checklist will automatically jump to the next item. This functionality will be implemented with the next hotfix but not generally for “Barometric Check”, “Go-around-Altitude” and “Landing Memo” only.

Additionally we are working on a general solution to skip a checklist item (not just for three calls as mentioned above but for all others). This in future will be possible by using an LSK on the right MCDU - Don't ask when: I do not know when we are able to release it.

A checklist for TA as well GA will come one day but only in connection with other still needed AXE functionality for those procedures. In the meantime I can only suggest to work with user-states i.e. create your own user-states and load those in case you are in trouble this is equal to a checklist set back........

Regards,

Hanse

Archived