Aerosoft Beaver

Joe W

I was one of the first to buy this product. I havent flown it in a while and today I thought I would. So.... I started it up and got the start sounds... then the engine went silent.... The Tach showed that it was still running. I opened the door and got sound for that and I taxied it and got the wheel rolling sound. I have no engine running sound.

I tryed to listen to the 1a, 2a, 3a, and the x1a, x2a, x3a.wav's , and media player says the one or more codex can't be found.

What did I do by not flying it? How can I get it going again?

Joe Watson

I just re-installed Media player 10 and the problem is still there. All other sounds work fine. It's the 1a, 2a, 3a and x1a, x2a, and x3a foer the engine..

I have sounds for all other aircraft that I have tryed. it appears to be in the Beaver somewhere.

Joe W.

Hello Joe,

Can you play this file aerosoft_beaver_xstarta.wav also in Media Player, this is also a ADPCM codec.

Just to check that it is'nt just the Beaver can you also try the xhskidl.WAV file from your :Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Aircraftbell206bsound folder as I have this down as a ADPCM codec, if this fails then its looking more like a codec issue.

You could try downloading and installing the codecs separately from here and then reboot and check the ADPCM files in Media Player.

Yes... Those sounds don't play. I went to the MS site and downloaded the codec for both the player and later and the ones for 6.4 as well. They still don't play. Earlier I had re-installed Media Player 10 without any change.

I did not uninstall it first though.

The only program I have installed between this working and now that has any relation to sounds is the MusicMatch Jukebox which I never use much. I will remove that and see if it has any effect.

Thanks for trying to help.

Joe W

Removing MusicMatch Jukebox had no effect on this...

I am at a loss again.

Your right about that type of WAV file. That type just doesn't play.

Joe W

I got it fixed.....!!

I downloaded a program " K-Lite Codec Pack" In that are several other programs. I looked under configeration Codec Tweak Tool and found a heading that read " Enable Microsoft ADPCM" and another to enable "IMA ADPCM" I checked both and .......

I got sound in the Beaver and the Bell...

Thanks Guys... If I hadn't been pointed to the ADPCM Codec I would have still been scratchin my head on this.

Thanks Again

Joe W.