GSX and AES

This is a rather good solution, but it cannot solve everything.

If Oliver would implement something that we have requested many times:

An option (in the INI file perhaps), for AES to only activate jetways (if present), in a parking position.

Then, the above mentioned solution, would be complete.

Not sure I understand what you mean is the problem as it works right now, don't you always want AES to activate/operate the jetways when you're at an AES-compatible airport?

...and you should read my post again :D

What I meant was that you can take it even further by clicking on Airport at the top of the list instead of choosing each gate category separately.

Let's say you're at a big airport where you have Gate A, Gate B, Gate C, Gate D with lots of individual gates in each category. Then instead of choosing one at a time you can click Airport at the top of the list and all gates under Gate A, Gate B etc will be selected.

...and you should read my post again :D

What I meant was that you can take it even further by clicking on Airport at the top of the list instead of choosing each gate category separately.

Let's say you're at a big airport where you have Gate A, Gate B, Gate C, Gate D with lots of individual gates in each category. Then instead of choosing one at a time you can click Airport at the top of the list and all gates under Gate A, Gate B etc will be selected.

:lol: Sorry about that mate, too early in the morning. I learned something new, I always just hit the gate sections, thanks for that!

Not sure I understand what you mean is the problem as it works right now, don't you always want AES to activate/operate the jetways when you're at an AES-compatible airport?

Yes, but ONLY the jetways.

On the doors where are no jetways, or if they are no jetways at all, I want GSX to bring stairs, always.

Now unless Oliver implements what I mentioned above, this cannot work. Imagine the most simple of cases:

A plane with two doors (front-left and rear-left), and two airports A and B. Airport A has jetways, while airport B does not.

Now what will happen:

In airport A, AES will handle the front-left door (which has a jetway), and GSX the rear-left (it will bring stairs).

But in airport B, while rear-left will again be handled by GSX (stairs), the front-left will be handled by AES. But here there is no jetway and AES will bring stairs which are visually different than GSX's, and we do not want that.

So the only solution is what I mentioned above, and I am sure it would be very easy to implement. Just an IF clause at a single point in the code.

Yes, but ONLY the jetways.

On the doors where are no jetways, or if they are no jetways at all, I want GSX to bring stairs, always.

Now unless Oliver implements what I mentioned above, this cannot work. Imagine the most simple of cases:

A plane with two doors (front-left and rear-left), and two airports A and B. Airport A has jetways, while airport B does not.

Now what will happen:

In airport A, AES will handle the front-left door (which has a jetway), and GSX the rear-left (it will bring stairs).

But in airport B, while rear-left will again be handled by GSX (stairs), the front-left will be handled by AES. But here there is no jetway and AES will bring stairs which are visually different than GSX's, and we do not want that.

So the only solution is what I mentioned above, and I am sure it would be very easy to implement. Just an IF clause at a single point in the code.

Ok, now I see what you mean.

Archived