Checklist does not work

Hello everyone,

the checklist function was working well until I've installed v 1.10. I've set the cold n dark mode as default but the checklist starts everytime after engine start but what about the cockpit prep?!

best regards

yeah i know that ;) but the checklist is greyed out, so nothing to klick (start)

Hi,

I would suggest you start from the beginning and

1. Load the AXE
  2. "delete" your "DEF" AIRCRAFT STATE by using LSK5R
  3. Load "COLD DARK STATE" by using LSK1L
  4. Set both Batteries and EXT PWR to ON
  5. Set the Cecklist and Copilot functionality both to ON
  6. Then COCKPIT PREP CL should become "orange"
  7. Then Click LSK3L to start the COCKPIT PREP CL

If after point 6 the checklists are still "grey" something with you installation is wrong ......

Regards,

Hanse

Try opening/closing the door after you've loaded COLD&DARK and see if cockpit prep. checklist is now orange (ready to start).

It happened to me once during test and re-install was the answer.

But first try Hanse suggestion! ;)

hello everybody,

I've tried both solutions but neither the first nor the second worked for me. The checklist is still greyed out. I've reinstalled FSX and the AXE but the problem remains.

cheers

hello everybody,

I've tried both solutions but neither the first nor the second worked for me. The checklist is still greyed out. I've reinstalled FSX and the AXE but the problem remains.

cheers

I cannot believe that a reinstallation has not solved your solution. I have no idea what could cause such a strange behaviour on your system. Did you also check with the other ACFT STATES i.e. do you have the same problem that all checklists are greyed out after loading the state? The only idea I have is that maybe the ACFT STATE files are missing. Please check if you find in C:\User\your name\Own Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended the files named Custom1-5.abx ............

Regards,

Hanse

I got the problem with Descent prep list, it won't start, any ideas?

Hi Frank,

this is a completely different issue. So please open another and new topic if the problems still exists.

Please use the INFOBAR and tell me what it states. After you have reached cruise level (FMA = ALT CRZ) it should read the distance to the TOD and normally should start automatically app. 10 NM before TOD. Another option is to use "1" from the keyboard to start it. If it still does not start please tell me what message is displayed on the right MCDU / CHECKLIST and which checklist is active....

Regards,

Hanse

I cannot believe that a reinstallation has not solved your solution. I have no idea what could cause such a strange behaviour on your system. Did you also check with the other ACFT STATES i.e. do you have the same problem that all checklists are greyed out after loading the state? The only idea I have is that maybe the ACFT STATE files are missing. Please check if you find in C:\User\your name\Own Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended the files named Custom1-5.abx ............

Regards,

Hanse

yes it it very strange because it has worked since the release of the AXE. I only have custom 1 - 4.abx. Maybe it is something wrong with the hotfixes? I've installed hotfix 14 and 15 after version 1.10 and one of the hotfixes deals with the fmgc

Over-write permissions? Did you uninstall the AXE and deleted the remaining folders manually, including saved panel states?

Did you reinstall the AAX as administrator and with FSX shut down before that?

yes sir, I did.

Hi,

for me this is clear an installation problem. Because you have still the "old" custom-files it means you did not have deleted all the "old" folders and the "new" ones are installed in a wrong folder. Please check (using the the Explorer search functionality) if a file custom5.abx is somewhere on your system.

Regards,

Hanse

There are two bundles of AXE folders under the FSX root folder (one is FSX\aerosoft\..., the other one is FSX\simobjects\airplanes\...) PLUS a number of AXE folders under the documents root folder ... that's three completely different locations where you have to look for them!

Hi,

for me this is clear an installation problem. Because you have still the "old" custom-files it means you did not have deleted all the "old" folders and the "new" ones are installed in a wrong folder. Please check (using the the Explorer search functionality) if a file custom5.abx is somewhere on your system.

Regards,

Hanse

no it doesn't exists.

I've found the problem. I used the document searcher to shift the aerosoft files for my german OS and that was my mistake. Everything is fine now. Thank you for your patience!!!

cheers

marc

Archived