Pitch Trim

I have two issues with the checklist since my update to 1.10:

1. Pitch Trim
    When I enter my pitch calculations into the MCDU (let's say flap setting 2 and pitch down 1.2 degrees (2/DN1.2)), the copilot does no longer accept the pitch value but only one with a decimal less:
    When I enter 2/DN1.2 the co-pilot asks: "pitch trim?" and it only gets "checked" when I reduce the actual trim by a decimal. In this case: when I move the pitch wheel to DN1.1, I get the "checked". It's the same with all values. 1.5 -> 1.4, 1.3 -> 1.2 and so on...
  2. TCAS
    The TCAS often gets unchecked. Before takoff I used to be asked: "TCAS?" and it would only get "checked" when it was set to tilt ABOVE. After takeoff to AUTO, at descent to BELOW. That does not work any more. Often i just get the question "TCAS?" and the other says "checked", no matter whether I set anything new on the TCAS.

Regards,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

please only one topic in one entry because it is easier for us to find the person responsible and for other users lateron to find answers to their problems.

1. Pitch Trim: I tried to reproduce your problem. When I set up the MCDU I also entered already 2/DN1.2 (#57 of the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide) and later had no problems with the Copilot i. e. the value was accepted. So please tell me when did you enter the value and when (during which checklist and item = #) the copilot did not accept this value.
  2. TCAS: Please give us an example i. e. referring to the respective checklist and item no. P. e. the setting should be like this, but you set it to ? and even then the item got checked......

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Dennis,

please only one topic in one entry because it is easier for us to find the person responsible and for other users lateron to find answers to their problems.

1. Pitch Trim: I tried to reproduce your problem. When I set up the MCDU I also entered already 2/DN1.2 (#57 of the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide) and later had no problems with the Copilot i. e. the value was accepted. So please tell me when did you enter the value and when (during which checklist and item = #) the copilot did not accept this value.
  2. TCAS: Please give us an example i. e. referring to the respective checklist and item no. P. e. the setting should be like this, but you set it to ? and even then the item got checked......

Regards,

Hanse

Hello Hanse,

thanks for your answer. Both items are related to the checklists so I thought I'd put them in one. But please, feel free to separate them into different topics (I don't have the rights to do that).

ad 1. Pitch trim:

This problem has occured every time since I have updated to v1.10. It worked fine in v1.04.

I tried to use your values this time: Flight plan including SID programmed --> MCDU PERF/"TAKEOFF" page --> Flaps/THS (#57) set to 2/DN1.2 --> trim set to DN1.2 and checked in the lower ECAM.

In the after start checklist it get asked: "Pitch trim?" and nothing happens. In the MCDU the values are still set to 2/DN1.2, the value displayed on the lower ECAM is flaps 2 and pitch DN1.2. Only when I change the trim (lower ECAM) to 1.1, the pilot says "checked".

It's always a deviation of -0.1 before the checklist accepts it.

But if you don't have the problem it's probably located on my computer... but why?

ad 2. TCAS:

This is a random occurrence: Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't.

#148: TCAS TA or TA/RA plus TILT ABOVE: In v1.04 I didn't get a "set" from the PnF when I hadn't set it to "ABOVE". Now it's ignored most of the time (i.e. I get the "set" even though the TCAS is only on TA or TA/RA but not set to "ABV" but still remains in "N".

#195: I often get asked "TCAS?" and immediately get a "set" even though the switch is still in the "ABV" position.

#217: The PnF is not interested if I set the TCAS to "BLW" or not. But that was already the case in v1.04. If I set it to BLW, I get a "set Below" but if don't, the PnF doesn't care and I land with the TCAS set to "N".

No major problem but I thought I'd point it out that there is a difference to the last version.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

we tried again to reproduce your problem but failed i. e. on our systems it work fine. So please let us know more:

• Do you have this problem with only one specific model or with all types?
  • What is your exact configuration?

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Dennis,

we tried again to reproduce your problem but failed i. e. on our systems it work fine. So please let us know more:

• Do you have this problem with only one specific model or with all types?
  • What is your exact configuration?

Regards,

Hanse

It is a weird thing as it seems to be changing. I had two or three flights now where at least the pitch trim worked as it was supposed to. And as nobody else seems to have this problem, it appears to be on my side.

I'll probably reinstall everything again...

With configuration you mean the computer specs, I think?

It is an AMD Athlon II X4 630 @ 2.8 GHz, 8GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti on Win7 Home, FSX on an own disk drive.

Regards,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

with "exact configuration" I meant the AXE i.e. which type, ZFW, fuel etc. and the flight plan you are using when this happens. Otherwise I am not able to try to reproduce the problem. But really as it seems you are the only one with this problem maybe a reinstallation would help......

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Dennis,

with "exact configuration" I meant the AXE i.e. which type, ZFW, fuel etc. and the flight plan you are using when this happens. Otherwise I am not able to try to reproduce the problem. But really as it seems you are the only one with this problem maybe a reinstallation would help......

Regards,

Hanse

Oh, I'm sorry. But that's why I asked.

I don't keep records of my flights. Usually, I fly the A320CFM without sharklets and it is not limited to any flightplan (they're all within Europe). I'll reinstall as soon as I have a little time and will report after a couple of flights.

Thanks,

Dennis

Oh, I'm sorry. But that's why I asked.

I don't keep records of my flights. Usually, I fly the A320CFM without sharklets and it is not limited to any flightplan (they're all within Europe). I'll reinstall as soon as I have a little time and will report after a couple of flights.

Thanks,

Dennis

Hello Hanse,

no progress on this side. I am sorry to report that the problem persists in spite of a complete de-installation and re-installation of the A320 with hotfixes 14 and 15 and the alternative soundpack. I've done one test flight with each standard model, though. Here are the results:

1st flight:

A320CFM EDDT-EDDM

ZFW 56.7 t

Fuel 5.2 t

GERGA2L/26L GERGA UM725 BESKO UZ36 MAREM UT106 VESUB T106 BAGMI EDDM/26L FL260

Flex 46°, V1,VR,V2: 117,134,140

Flaps 2, pitch DN 1.0 --> PnF only accepted DN 0.9

2nd flight:

A321IAE EDDM-EGLL

ZFW 57.9 t (85 Pax, 9.500 kg cargo)

Fuel 9.5t

GIVMI5W/26R GIVMI Y101 OSBIT UL984 LOHRE UL610 BATTY UL608 LOGAN EGLL/27R FL320

Flex 56°, V1,VR,V2: 149,152,156

Flaps 1, pitch DN 0.3 --> PnF only accepted DN 0.2

3rd flight:

A321CFM EGLL-EDDM

ZFW 65.7t (167 Pax, 4.798 kg cargo)

Fuel 9.8t

DVR4G/27L DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 AMASI UM149 BOMBI T104 ANORA EDDM/26R FL330

Flaps 1, pitch DN 0.8 --> PnF only accepted DN 0.7

4th flight:

A320IAE EDDM-EGCC

ZFW 65.7 t (150 Pax, 4.798 kg cargo)

Fuel 10.2 t

GIVMI5W/26R GIVMI Y101 OSBIT UL984 LOHRE UL610 BATTY UL608 DENUT UL610 LAM UN57 WELIN T420 TNT EGCC/23R FL320

Flaps 1, pitch DN 0.3 --> PnF only accepted DN 0.2

I don't know why this hits me and even less why it worked in v1.04 and does not in v1.10 but if I am really - as it appears - the only person to whom this happens, please do not put any more time into trouble shooting. I really can live with that one, it's just pushing a single button!

So, we can leave it at this.

Thanks for all your efforts,

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dennis,

we (as the two developers for the CL and Copilot functionality) tried to reproduce your problem but unfortunately failed and also could not detect anything in our coding which might cause your problem. So the only solution we have leads us to other settings of your system like FSX or your operating system. It seems that there is a rounding problem (because it is always 0.1 difference) but we do not know how FSX or OS internally calculates / rounds up or down. Sorry but we have no clue how to help you because until now you seem to be the only one with this ......

Regards,

Hanse

I can definitely confirm this. I've had this completely same problem ever since v1.10. It's only happening if I turn OFF the copilot and set the trim myself. With copilot on it works just as it should.

I am thinking that the problem may be that since v1.10 there's a trim state "0.0" and if we put it up once it goes to "UP0.0" instead of "UP0.1", which was not the case before v1.10.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, Adrijan, for your comment. Glad to hear that I am not the only one...

Thank you, Hanse, and your colleague for trying to fix it. I appreciate that very much and am happy to have bought such a good support with my Airbus. Nice to see that there seems to be a lot of commitment in this project. As I said: it's the push of a button, no real problem. I can handle it and have therefore marked it solved.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Archived