Skiathos X Autogen-Problem

denki_13

• 2 weeks later...

I have ORBX NA. No EU. I always have ORBX as ORBX NA. I don't have autogens.

Hmmm... I read the other thread. It talks about setting ORBX to EU. But I don't use ORBX EU.

I have tried everything..I don't have autogens now. Sigh! I had removed Earth Simulations completely because I had this issue. I see I have a bunch of default.xml (backed up (auto) by Fly Tampa and VFR Germany and what not...but now I don't know which of them I need to use to recover. ITs a big mess.

What are these SPB files and why do they differ in size so much?

8987741074_26f6361c62_b.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

When using Orbx, it is strongly recommended to set FTXCentral to "Default" when flying outside Orbx regions! Also you should not install any other scenery while FTX Central is set to any other region then "Default".

I think I have been installing addons when FTX Central is set to NA. Since I use Orbx only for NA.

Any ideas how I can go back to my original default FSX files? and then systematically reinstall all addons that edit this default.xml and psb files? And I don't want to reinstall ORbx.

Otherwise I'll have to remove all these addons and treat it like toxic. VFR Germany, Fly Tampa Ger.., etc...

• Deputy Sheriffs

therwise I'll have to remove all these addons and treat it like toxic. VFR Germany, Fly Tampa Ger.., etc...

Sorry, what a nonsense!

The only product that is "toxic" in this case is FTX, as it does things that are far away from standard and therefore not compatibel to the rest of the FSX-World.

Fortunately, Orbx has realized this and is now starting to make their products more compatible in the future.

So in your case, as long as you do not know, when you started to "destroy" your installation, best is a fresh setup of FSX.

And next time you should read Orbx manuals, as the procedure I desribed above is clearly mentioned there.

I restored my FSX Folder as of April 26th (before Skiothos) and I got my augotens for VFR France etc.. My xml fils was around 11,000 MB.

Then I install Skiothos I get my autogens in Skiothoes..but now I lose my VFR France. and the default.xml goes down to 5,000MB

Hmmm....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived