Skathios texture trouble

pierreaf

Hi

I ve bought by Simmarket this beautiful scenerie of Skiathos. but ive some textures troubles with the water. i have some squares ground colors texture on the water ( i have joined some screens with this posts).No problem anywhere else . So i have unckecked all the others sceneries on my FSX , just leave Skiathos to verify there is no conflict with other sceneries.. same troubles..

Any Help please?

thanks in advance

Nice flights to you all

Pierre

post-24307-0-16479200-1368190053_thumb.j

post-24307-0-36253500-1368190084_thumb.j

hi again,

does somebody have the same problem?

any help, news?

i have re install the scenery and same problem...

if i just left the fsx basic scenerie(all sceneries and Skathios are unckecked) and all is ok.

i ve install a Skiathos freeware found on Avsim. and no troubles with the water and scenery.

ive tried a Jab utility to analyse the bgl and it says some .bmp missing in the groundwork 01 -02 -trench.bgl ???

and is there a 29palms website? didint find it...

any help will be appreciate and thanks in advance. i will love to fly on this scenery

cheers,

Pierre

Hi,

I think you'll have to wait until it's monday again. I don't think many developers will be online at weekend, sorry.

Meanwhile only us users can help you. So, first of all, what happens if you have all scenerys execept for Skiathos enabled? Same problem or not?

Next, what will happen if you have only Skiathos, but no other addon scenery enabled? Same problem?

Next question: Which FS version do you use? Have you made sure it is compatible with Skiathos before you bought it? Propably you haven't the SPs for FSX installed yet and that is the problem...

If nothing helps I can only suggest you to follow what Frank said above and redownload the installer as you might really have a corrupted file.

hi to you all;

Thanks a lot to you all for the quick answer.

Thanks for the website too.

As i said in my previous post, i ve tried to re dowload an reinstall the scenerie but the probleme is always there..

As i said too if i have just the Skiathos scenerie active and unckecked all the others. the problem is still there..

and finally , if i uncheck all the sceneries 'Skiathos inclued too)and a have just the fsx basic sceneries it ok no problem.

thats why i suppose it comes from the Skiathos scenerie or from the simmarket file . .. or i dont know what i am doing wrong..

i have fsx and the sp install. i have mikonos from 29palms and got no soucis ..

Anyway thanks for the replies and try to help.

Sure i will with some help find the solution in the future...

have nice week end and nice flights !

cheers,

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

thanks to the other members, you already answered the most important questions. Well, this really is a tough one. Could you post your fsx.cfg here so we can make sure there're no bugs in there?

I remember a similar problem from years ago where a user had similar problems with "German Airfields 1" which also used photoscenery. Since you don't have those issues in Mykonos this is really odd. The only difference is that Skiathos comes with higher resolution (0.3m/px).

I'll have to talk to the Aerosoft support staff in order to figure this one out.

Hi Lars,

thanks for the answer.

i test , i test and didint found the solution.

it seems that in the squares over the water , the image in the squares represent the Skiathos textures. i see on some squares the skiathos runway.. ..

and as i told in the previous mail, with the jab utility, it says : some textures are missing in the files groundwork 01 - 02- trench .bgl ...???

ive redownload and reinstall but same trouble...

i attach the fsx.cfg.

cheers,

Pierre

pierre fs.zip

Hi

i know that everybody is very busy in this busy life , but any chance to solve my problem? any news?

i ve "travel" on the web and didint found the solution myself

its a beautiful scenerie and i would love to fly on

thanks in advance for any idea and help.

have nice flights !

cheers,

Pierre

Hi

i know that everybody is very busy in this busy life , but any chance to solve my problem? any news?

i ve "travel" on the web and didint found the solution myself

its a beautiful scenerie and i would love to fly on

thanks in advance for any idea and help.

have nice flights !

cheers,

Pierre

Pierre, do you have Orbx scenery installed? If so, can you confirm where in your scenery library you have Skiathos installed. Cheers...

Hi Rocky,

yes i have the beautiful orbx sceneries

what do you mean where in the librairy?

with the orbx ftx i click on default and so i haven t orbx sceneries in the fsx Library

if i use orbx sceneries i click on europe fro GB or america for us.. or default for fsx.

even if i put Skiathos in position 1, thats means up in the Library, i have the problem....

anyway thanks so much for helping me and take time to read me.

cheers,

Pierre

Hi Rocky,

yes i have the beautiful orbx sceneries

what do you mean where in the librairy?

with the orbx ftx i click on default and so i haven t orbx sceneries in the fsx Library

if i use orbx sceneries i click on europe fro GB or america for us.. or default for fsx.

even if i put Skiathos in position 1, thats means up in the Library, i have the problem....

anyway thanks so much for helping me and take time to read me.

cheers,

Pierre

Hi Pierre, no, open FSX and go to the settings page and along the right hand side there is an option for the library, open the library and tell me where in the list you see Skiathos...

Hi again,

ok i ve done it abnd even if i put Skiathos in position 1 problem is there

but for info i dont see the orbx scnerie because i have just click on the ftx central as default..

what i am doing wrong?

Hi again,

ok i ve done it abnd even if i put Skiathos in position 1 problem is there

but for info i dont see the orbx scnerie because i have just click on the ftx central as default..

what i am doing wrong?

Hi, FTX central has nothing to do with the scenery library. Have you reinstalled Skiathos with FTX central set to default? This is very important. If not, then I would suggest you do so and report back.

just found it on avsim (beautiful too) install it few months before i buy the 29palms , desinstall it , ccleaner , and install skiathos..

what strange it seems that the textures on the water are from skiathos.. or just i become mad :)

Very odd one. I have experienced something similar after installing Tongass Fjords. I was getting corrupted textures showing through alongside using Orbx's Southern Alaska. It was sorted by moving Tongass Fjords beneath SAK. I can't think for one minute this would be the trouble, but with all the issues people are having with this scenery and Orbx, I wonder if it might not be worth a long shot and drop Skiathos beneath all Orbx sceneries...

the thing is that i dont have the orbx sceneries on the libray on the right side because i am on defaut

they appear when ftx is on the america or europe..

is it normal?

OK, apologies, my mistake. You need to use the library configuration tool in FTX central, via >Tools... but as I say, this would be a long shot... other than that, this is what I would try...

1) Completely uninstall all Skiathos sceneries.

2) System restore to before installation

3) Set FTX central to default and reinstall Skiathos using admin rights

4) Ensure FTX central is always set to default prior to flying Skiathos

Failing this, I am in the dark, sorry...

thanks so much for the help

i will try and let you know

i am waiting too , Lars from 29palms, to study my fsx.cfg he askes me and perhaps have solution

again thanks so much

its fsx and his mistere !!

sure one day one moment will find a solution

Hi Pierre,

I just studied your fsx.cfg and there are some tweaks that might cause the problem you're describing.

It's obviously the high resolution (30cm/px) photoscenery that affects surrounding tiles which should be water but the CPU/GPU fails to calculate it correctly and therefore renders wrong tiles.

It's hard to describe but the way I see it is the same as when you overclock your computer, you test if it's stable and it's not - the CPU fails to calculate correctly when the clock is too high.

So what I'm guessing is that the following tweaks give your CPU/GPU too less time to calculate the textures correctly:

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10 The relation between the scenery loader and faster FPS. By setting this higher, you give the CPU more time to calculate the scenery. Try the default value of 0.33

UsePools=1 and PoolSize=0. The downside of this tweak always is possible artifacts. So try to remove these entries temporarily.

AffinityMask=84. Assuming you have HT on and a quad core this entry is correct. But using this costs one texture calculation thread. I'd try to remove this entry if the two tweaks above don't help.

And the last thing I'd try is to backup and delete the current fsx.cfg so FSX will create a fresh one.

Another thing that comes to my mind: It looks like the specular water effects are affected by the photoscenery probably cause by a misscalculation as described above. You can also try to set the water effects in the fsx menu lower. Or maybe this has something to do with the graphics card settings such as transparency antialiasing.

hi Lars,

Thanks again for help, i would love to make flights between the two sceneries 29 palms mikonos skiathos !

i will try what you told me and let you know.

i thinks about something i am using activesky2012 and i use the water with, can it cause the trouble?

because its the only scenery with water trouble. Mikonos is ok, aerosoft is ok, orbx is ok.. its strange..

anyway hope we found the solution for me and the others pilots for the future .

Archived