Two small issues with Katana

Gryphon

Hello,

I'm having some minor issues with the Katana:

1. Landing and Taxi lights do not provide any 'light' on the runway/taxiways. The light appears to be on, but there is no effect on the tarmac.

2. ATC does not recognize the type. Rather than say "Katana FWND," it pauses where the type would be...."_____ FWND"....

Does anyone have any idea if a work-around exists? Are these known issues or does the user :roll: require some upgrading?

Also, while I have your attention, I'm considering a complete re-install of FS9 - can I just copy my Katana folder and drop it into the new install, or should I have my checkfile updated? My computer was not connected to the internet when I originally purchased the product.

Many thanks for your input.

Dave

Hello Dave,

Regarding the lights can you please take a look at this thread here.

The solution to the callsign problem can be fixed by opening the Digital Aviation Katana DA-20-80 aircraft.cfg and changing the atc_type to Diamond under the [General] section so it should look like below.

[General]

atc_type=Diamond

atc_model=DA20-80

editable=0

As for the re-install its sometimes not advisable to just copy and paste as certain other parts are required like the manager and also any registry entries. If you are connected to the internet now then just delete the checkfile in the root of your C: drive and try re-installing normally and go through the online validation.

If you are not connected you will need to get a new checkfile to install.

Hi Shaun,

Dave here, finally found my old user name and was able to reset my password....had to dig thru my email archives to remind me which user name and email account I had used....

Anyhow, thanks for the help - I noted the fact that altering the light textures could be the cause, and I've done just that, several times....so, I think I'll go for the complete reinstall of FS9 - the only plane I really fly is the Katana anyway, so it will clean things up. I wonder, since I downloaded the file on a different computer (and from my old house), do I need to do anything special with my download links?

Thanks again for your help,

Dave

ps - You may discard the "Gryphon" account as I will use the "Guelph2002" account from now on.

Hello Dave,

If you have the original installer file you can just use that then follow the install instructions for the validation. If you dont have it and you ordered it from www.aerosoft-shop.com then leave me your order number for it and I can extend the download period. If you ordered it from Simmarket you'll need to leave a trouble ticket there to get your download link.