Pause at TOD but in Climbing ?!!

elfrost

Hi there, since 1.10 installed, all works well but I get the Pause at TOD option after takeoff.

So, when I reach the real TOD, FSX not going Pause.

Why I get it in the climbing point?

thank you

Hi,

if you get a pause during CLIMB it has nothing to do with "PAUSE AT TOD". I sometimes experience the same problem and cannot reproduce it because it only happens sometimes and on various flights. I believe this has something to do with FSX and is some kind of an overload........ In any case you will get your pause app. 10 NM before reaching TOD. Or did you experience something different?

Regards,

Hanse

The same happens to me. I have Pause at TOD in takeoff climbing at 2 flights on V1.1. In this 2 flights, I choose Turnaround state on start. :help_s:

Cheers,

Aragão

• Deputy Sheriffs

Same here. Paused while initial climb.

Will report if also pauses prior TOD

Regards

Confirmed. Only one pause in the whole flight, while climbing.

Hello All,

I have to say that the same thing happened to me flying EKCH to EGKK - I have pause on TOD checked on the options list. First I thought that FSX had frozen whilst climbing out of EKCH then realised it had paused so pressing "P" continued the flight. Then the sim did not pause at TOD when approaching EGKK (I noticed shortly after passing as I was not in the room/flight deck at the time) and had to slow up and dial down the V/S to make the required approach.

I only mention this to add weight to the issue and did not take any screenshots or error logs - apologies for that.

Kind regards

Dave W

same here I usually get in on the first flight, sim pauses after takeoff. This never occured before so am sure it is not an FSX or P3D problem. Turnaround flight usually does not happen for me. TOD pause sometimes does not work but was the same with previous version.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Perhaps this give you a clue...

The pause comes immediately after "Thrust Climb" call if you fly with copilot

Regards

Hi all,

with the next hotfix (release date not yet known) to the functionality "Pause app. 10 NM before TOD" another condition will be added "FMA state = ALT CRZ". This should clearify if the problem is really related to the "Pause at TOD" functionality. Additionally we will do some test if this problem still occurs...... Please be patient we are trying to identify the root cause.

Regards,

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Good morning, Mr. Hanse

Could I suggest "<>CLIMB" instead?

Then we could begin the descent prior to TOD...

Regards

Good morning, Mr. Hanse

Could I suggest "<>CLIMB" instead?

Then we could begin the descent prior to TOD...

Regards

We are talking about the functionality "Pause app. 10 NM before TOD" which did not work properly. The condition for descent is that you have reached your cruise level. If you want to descent before reaching TOD this is no problem - just set the functionality to OFF and start to descent. But prior to descent you should have reached cruise level........ if you do not want to climb further then change the cruise altitude in the MCDU INIT page and set a new altitude on the FCU.

Regards,

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

I realise that, Mr Hanse, and, in fact doing one way or another makes not a big difference.

My proposal is that way because is "less invasive", as allows to happen TOD pause in every phase of the flight but in climbing.

Anyway, as stated, makes no difference from a practical point of view, as the only phase prior to DES are TKOFF, CLIMB and CRUISE...

Regards

Hi,

do you realise that the subject is "Pause app. 10 NM before TOD" and that we are not talking in general about automatically pausing FSX in various flight situations? The normal situation is that you reach TOD during CRZ...... and not during TKOFF and CLIMB. If your TOD is calculated during TKOFF or CLIMB then something is wrong with your flightplanning.

Regards,

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, Mr.Hanse.

I realise your point. That's why I say there is not a practical difference between "=CRUISE" and "<>CLIMB" as 100% of your initiate descet will be preceded by a CRUISE phase (or, as you stated, there is something definitely wrong in your route, or the pilot thinks an A320 is a grasshopper....;-)).

I suggested "<>CLIMB" as it is a less restictive condition, and then could lead to a quicker diagnostics...

Thank you for your response again

Hi,

if you followed the whole discussion on this subject then you will realise that the problem started during CLIMB because there was no other condition set for the pause than the distance to TOD. But we realised that during CLIMB the XML-var "Distance to TOD" (which we use for this functionality) was quite often newly calculated by the MCDU and for a split of a second or less the value was "0". This caused the problem and the FSX went into PAUSE. To avoid this happening during CLIMB we added a flight phase condition...... If we now would add also CLIMB then we are bacl to square one .....

Hanse

Archived