Skiathos X

DJJose

OK, I've just run a test and I am pleased to say that to ensure this issue does not arise it is necessary to:-

1) Install Skiathos with FTX central set to default

2) Ensure at all times that FTX central is set to default before flying outside of an Orbx scenery area

This has been my expereince and look forward to some other feedback...

I really disagree with this whole deactivate Orbx Central thing if flying outside of the FTX area...whats the point in the product being released if beta testing doesn't fix these issues???

Ive heard this "so called fix" being used so many times by various people, its very annoying. There shouldn't be a need to deactivate anything at all during sim flight. If i choose to fly from Skiathos to London i want to see England in the manner i spent my hard earned cash on! If i do a flight from Berlin to Dublin i want to see England in Orbx Form below...am i right or wrong????

Im willing to wait for a fix here thats fine...thats all i can do... but there are other issues still standing with UK2000 and ORBX England for example STILL awaiting fixes since the last patch was released...not being rude but they need to stop production on other things and fix the problems that are still outstanding before releasing anything else.

• Aerosoft

I really disagree with this whole deactivate Orbx Central thing if flying outside of the FTX area...whats the point in the product being released if beta testing doesn't fix these issues???

Ho ho... we build all our software to work on FSX/P3d. That all we can ever promise.

If another company changes the sim to make it non standard I believe it is them you should be talking to, not us. Their forum, not this one. We'll do our best to be compatible, but if the sim is changed all bets are off, how could we ever promise anything else? The product we sell works perfectly with FSX/P3d. All our products are designed to only affect the region they cover and we are very very very careful about that (we still mess it up sometime though). To be honest though I think the issues can not be solved and if you want to use the OrbX products you will have to live with the effects.

Sorry to be picky on this, but it paints a bad image on our products without us having any influence on it. We are wasting a lot of support on this and that is getting expensive. Wish they would pay for it.

Mathijs,
I have not installed any ORBX scenery.
Installed in Santorini, Mykonos, Skiathos
The autogen problem is still there for me ...
(installed as administrator ...)
Tomorrow I send zip for FSX / Autogen folder, as Lars 'request' ...:
support@twentynine-palms.de
I look forward to a solution (like everyone) ...
Peter

As I understand Bradley's rant, it is more aimed at OrbX than anything...

I fully appreciate the moves Lars has made to improve the situation, but as it is apparent, OrbX' changing out the autogendescriptions file and a few others on activation of one of the regions is a real headache for any scenery developer requiring custom autogen descriptions to be usable.

I am glad that JV at OrbX is going to update the OrbX libraries with the necessary stuff to allow Skiathos and Mykonos to work as advertised... I hope there aís some way to get the other sceneries affected to work in a similar fashion...

A

Ho ho... we build all our software to work on FSX/P3d. That all we can ever promise.

If another company changes the sim to make it non standard I believe it is them you should be talking to, not us. Their forum, not this one. We'll do our best to be compatible, but if the sim is changed all bets are off, how could we ever promise anything else? The product we sell works perfectly with FSX/P3d. All our products are designed to only affect the region they cover and we are very very very careful about that (we still mess it up sometime though). To be honest though I think the issues can not be solved and if you want to use the OrbX products you will have to live with the effects.

Sorry to be picky on this, but it paints a bad image on our products without us having any influence on it. We are wasting a lot of support on this and that is getting expensive. Wish they would pay for it.

Mathis,

I don't think Bradley was talking about Aerosft products. I think he meant that "ORBX" should fix what is already broken, before releasing anything new.

I have a few sceneries that do alter the AG file. These sceneries DO NOT work with ORBX enabled. This is something I hope ORBX can fix by including all necessary files.

Jose

Defo not...i have brought this up in my own thread at ORBX..they are aware and said a fix would be looked at and still more products pour out the door and small bugs are sitting unfixed...this however was a long time ago now! The replies at one stage were along the lines of UK2000 not including excludes etc etc...either way they both need to work together here and come up with a solution don't cha think?

I still hope this hasn't been forgotton...

I have no issues with Aerosoft support in general...i was hoping for a fix or solution to the Toulouse X scenery where i wanted to remove the static aircraft, was informed to delete the files that were labeled static and found that it removed the static planes and certain hangers and buildings..that of course i am still hoping to get help on but in general i have no issues with Aerosoft...the reason this popped up is because someones idea of a solution for Skiathos was to switch ORBX to default which then loses all the payware products we have paid for...its kinda pointless....especially when you do all of your flights from England for example...

• Deputy Sheriffs

The suggestion to switch FTX Central to "Default" when flying in a non-FTX area is on the FTX support site. Same with their suggestion when flying, say from England to France, to pause FSX, change to "Default" in FTX Central, and then resume the flight.

To quote a bit from JV at Orbx (Thread titled "Texture problems outside England" started January 4, 2013),

"For the past five years people have quite happily used FTX with tubeliners and with VA's (if fact we have quite strong support from many VA's), and they have learnt to pause flights, switch FTX central to default and re-load the saved flights. Whilst this may be deemed an 'immersion breaker' by dedicated simmers, the fact remains we are all using a flight simulator which does provide for the luxury of weather-on-demand, virtual cockpits, pre-defined scenarious and indeed is similar in fashion to multi-million pound commercial flight simulators in which training scenarious are paused mid-flight to load different conditions."

This may or may not suit people (there's lots that don't think this is a solution), but it's a fact of life if you want to move from FTX to non-FTX scenery areas.

Herman, what you posted is wrong. FTX central does not run, and will not run whilst fsx is running, ( Paused or not) and that is by design. The only way is to deselect in the scenery library, and that is not a great way either. Whenever you reload the scenery lib during flight, it causes ai aircraft to double in volume.

JV posting that you can run ftx central during flight is crap, and why he posted that gives me the impression that it was not up for discussion, as far as he is concerned.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I only reported what he wrote. I never asserted you could run FTX Central while FSX was running. If you have access ot the FTX/ORBX site, you'll see there's plenty of people that aren't happy about this.

Just your last paragraph sounded like you agreed, so sorry for thinking that you did. I think at times there is a smell of arrogance when suggesting to the powers that be that ftx central is too restricting, and totally a pain in the ......

Herman, what you posted is wrong. FTX central does not run, and will not run whilst fsx is running, ( Paused or not) and that is by design. The only way is to deselect in the scenery library, and that is not a great way either. Whenever you reload the scenery lib during flight, it causes ai aircraft to double in volume.

JV posting that you can run ftx central during flight is crap, and why he posted that gives me the impression that it was not up for discussion, as far as he is concerned.

JV intended to propose that we save and end our flights, then switch FTX Central to default, then return to our flight. Which is something no FTX user ever had to do with AU or NA before. He tried to justify it like that's how it's always been, but failed.

Anyways, don't shoot the messenger, Herman is just pointing out this folly and quoting the "solution" directly.

JV intended to propose that we save and end our flights, then switch FTX Central to default, then return to our flight. Which is something no FTX user ever had to do with AU or NA before. He tried to justify it like that's how it's always been, but failed.

Anyways, don't shoot the messenger, Herman is just pointing out this folly and quoting the "solution" directly.

I did apologise for the mis understanding

• Deputy Sheriffs

Badfinger, no offense at all taken. And that was before seeing your response to my last. I was 99.9% sure you were right about not being able to switch FTX regions via FTX Central and was in FSX checking it when you posted. I just got back, and as you said, it can't be done.

Kyle, thanks for joining in. I think we're all in agreement that the "solution" is no real solution at all.

Archived