Skiathos X

DJJose

AG doesn't show up. This has happened in the past with Santorini. Manual edit fixed issue.

I need a fix or info for manual edit.

Thanks.

Jose

Hi Jose,

I just received another support request from a user with the same issue while it works fine for others. This is most likely an issue with the "rights" that the installer has. If you don't have administrative rights, that could cause the issue. If your file called "default.xml", storing the autogen definitions is somehow corrupted, the installer fails to edit it. Please archive (.zip /. rar) the following folder: "FSX/Autogen" and send it to: support@twentynine-palms.de

A manual edit should easily fix that issue.

I'll send you the files, but maybe you should post the manual fix just in case others have the same issue.

I also have FlyTampa Grenades and it affected that scenery. Grenades has an installer fix too.

Jose

Hi Jose,

I just received another support request from a user with the same issue while it works fine for others. This is most likely an issue with the "rights" that the installer has. If you don't have administrative rights, that could cause the issue. If your file called "default.xml", storing the autogen definitions is somehow corrupted, the installer fails to edit it. Please archive (.zip /. rar) the following folder: "FSX/Autogen" and send it to: support@twentynine-palms.de

A manual edit should easily fix that issue.

E-mail sent.

Hi all,

I had the same issue and was wondering what may have caused this. I checked the default.xml and saw the correct looking Skiathos entries. But below there were many strange looking lines. I looked into the original backed up (done by the Skiathos installer) and the messed up lines were already in it before, so the corruption wasn't done by the Skiathos addon. One day before I installed a new version of the NL2000 Freeware package. This corrupted my default.default.xml. I restored the version before NL2000 and installed Skiathos again...and BINGO all looked as it should.

So maybe if someone gets into trouble with Autogen, check your previous version, if it was still ok before...

Just a hint...

• Aerosoft

FSX (and Windows btw) sometime forget to let go of files when an application stops. And an installer is then unable to alter it. The best way to avoid that is to reboot you computer and immediately install the new application. Certainly do not start FSX before.

I've also sent them my files and I got 2 files back which i should copy into my FSX-Autogen Folder.
I did it but nothing changed.
I didn't have any trees or buildings on the Island except the building on the Airport.
What should i do now???

I too have this issue, i booted up FSX at UK2000 Gatwick and had 0% trees anywhere in the UK, then booted up FSX in Skiathos and had no buildings or trees on the island....i use ORBX England also btw. I had no issues with Trees or buildings prior to Skiathos installation...so i believe this loss in trees has something to do with this latest installation. I activated ORBX trees and booted FSX up again and trees appeared in England along with buildings but the issue persists in Skiathos.

What are these files sent by Lars about?

Anyone's support request via mail still unanswered? I think I processed all of them. Most issues were caused by already corrupted autogen files that I had to fix and it seems to work for all customers. One support request can't be fixed right now and this also concerns Bradley as far as I can tell:

Skiathos isn't compatible with ORBX's FTX Europe at the moment like all other add-ons that come with custom autogen like Santorini, Mykonos, NL2000, FranceVFR etc.

Why? Because FTX Central deactivates the standard autogen files and moves its own in. So what I'm planning is to contact John (ORBX CEO) and ask whether it's possible to include our autogen definitions into their files. That would make Skiathos compatible with FTX Europe and makes flights from England to Skiathos possible.

Bradley, as stated above - FTX Europe isn't compatible with Skiathos at the moment. For a correct installation you've to set FTX Central to "Default FSX" prior installing Skiathos.

When FTX Central is set to "Europe" you should have full autogen in GB but nothing on Skiathos. When it's set to "Default FSX" - autogen on Skiathos and default England.

This is interesting. I have not enabled England since buying SkiathosX. I will have to see if it affects my current set up.

I do want to "praise" this add-on as one of the best airports I have ever purchased. It's superb! I hope that JV accommodates to ensure full compatibility

Anyone's support request via mail still unanswered? I think I processed all of them. Most issues were caused by already corrupted autogen files that I had to fix and it seems to work for all customers. One support request can't be fixed right now and this also concerns Bradley as far as I can tell:

Skiathos isn't compatible with ORBX's FTX Europe at the moment like all other add-ons that come with custom autogen like Santorini, Mykonos, NL2000, FranceVFR etc.

Why? Because FTX Central deactivates the standard autogen files and moves its on in. So what I'm planning is to contact John (ORBX CEO) and ask whether it's possible to include our autogen definitions into their files. That would make Skiathos compatible with FTX Europe and makes flights from England to Skiathos possible.

Bradley, as stated above - FTX Europe isn't compatible with Skiathos at the moment. For a correct installation you've to set FTX Central to "Default FSX" prior installing Skiathos.

When FTX Central is set to "Europe" you should have full autogen in GB but nothing on Skiathos. When it's set to "Default FSX" - autogen on Skiathos and default England.

Look forward to a fix

Did some tests with SkiathosX and FTX EU ENG enabled... no autogen in SkiathosX...

I hope Lars' "Zusammenarbeit" with FTX will be able to find a solution, as there is a lot of seasonal traffic from the UK to Skiathos...

A

This Problem with FTX England Enabled in FTX Central aperas also in Germany, Austria and much more in Europe. There is no Autogen and there are blurry Textures with Default FSX. ORBX will handle this issue with FTX Global.

I ran a test yetserday and can confirm that it is an FTX central issue. The scenery must be installed with FTX central set to default. If the issue appears after installation, then reinstall with FTX central set to default and ensure that it is always set to default whenever you fly outside of an Orbx territory.

I have to do some further tests but it appears that if FTX central is set to anything other than default, when flying Skiathos then the issue becomes apparent. I have not had time to test if this problem remains, after perhaps accidentally flying at Skiathos with FTX central set to one of the Orbx scenery areas.

Archived