NavDataPro overwrites Navigraph

Zgredd

I have installed Navigraph airac1304, I have Navigraph folder in FSX main, I have changed NavData.ini as manual says. And in MCDU there is still airac 1213.

Please help.

When I install a new AIRAC I usually install it on desktop, then I will cut all the files and paste them on the old AIRAC. You can do the same and never modify anything in the .ini file!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry guys, but that's all not correct.

Navigraph is located in the following folder:

Your_FSX_Folder\Navigraph\NavData\

NavdataPro is located in the following folder:

Your_FSX_Folder\NavdataPro\NavData\

Installing with the Navigraph Installer will put all files into the corrrect folder. Same with the NavdataPro installer. Only the first version of the Navigraph Installer (from Dec. 2012) overwrites the NavdataPro files, but this has been corected by Navigraph long time ago. NavdataPro never overwrites Navigraph Data, except you did something "manually".

Never edit any of the ini files manually, that's what the Airbus Configurator was made for. (Have you installed the latest version?). So maybe you've edited the wrong ini file.

1. What Airbus Configurator you are talking about???

2. In User/Documents/Flughts Simulator X files/AerosoftAirbusExtended/NavData.ini i set "useNavDataPro=0" as is described in manual. I didn't cut or paste any files manually, just ilnstalled airac1304.

• 2 weeks later...

I am confused - why when installing NavDataPro is another folder also installed named Navigraph - is the detail not the same?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am confused - why when installing NavDataPro is another folder also installed named Navigraph - is the detail not the same?

I do not understand your problem. The installer of Navdata Pro does not create a folder "Navigraph".

Thanks for the reply Otto. All I can say is that when I first found it deleted all my Navdata folders both in the FSX root folder and all those in the aircraft folders. I then reinstalled NavdataPro and the Navigraph folder appeared again. So I have now done that all again - two screenshots attached showing first after clearing all data and second after reinstalling NavdataPro. Timestamps are identical. Incidentally I do not have a Navigraph account.

post-32953-0-13738900-1369052947_thumb.j

post-32953-0-51821600-1369052988_thumb.j

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ah, OK, I guess what might have happened. When you install NavdataPro and update the selected aircraft in the NavdataPro software, it makes a backup of other navdata. As you have at least one PMDG aircraft (according to your PMDG folder) and this came with a dataset, NavdataPro might have created a Navigraph folder to put the backups into this folder.

Also, depending on the addon, its navdata are stored in various places over your PC, some examples,

Various aircrafts using the same databs (like the old Airbus x, Flight1 aircraft):

..\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Navigraph\Navdata

Feelthere:

..\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FeelThere\Nd

PMDG:

..\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\Navdata

Eaglesoft:

..\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Navdata

Nope, shouldn't be that one Richard. Something like the Mustang, Fokker, Super 80 or some other that uses the common database location.

As Otto points out, sure it's not just the backup.

Archived