AES Window

Hi,

I have been using AES for a while now, and all of a sudden seem to not be able to get the window to come up when I press 'Ctrl+Shift+W'. I have tried renaming the Vistamare modules and let AES generate new ones, but that hasn't solved the issue. Help is much appreciated.

Yes it is at the top of the list

Just to check, have you updated to version 2.30, and have you tried at other AES activated airports, with other AES activated aircraft?

Trust me reinstall is the perfect option, but make a backup of the texture folder so that you dont lose your airport textures :)

Thanks to all for your replies. Yes I have tried reinstalling, but the problem persists (no window at all, not even a small window).

And yes I have updated to the latest version.

Just to check, have you updated to version 2.30, and have you tried at other AES activated airports, with other AES activated aircraft?

Have tried with about 4-5 different aircraft at quite a few airports. Thanks though :)

Hello;

Have you tried installing AES as the administrator,this happened to me once,and it corrected the issue.

Mark

He is right. Did you install as an admin? And do you run FS as admin?

I shall reinstall again, but I have UAC off so it shouldn't really affect it. Thanks for the suggestion, really appreciate it.

I am running FS9 with Windows 7 (64 bit). Have done everything under the sun including deleting my FS9.CFG file. I still have no clue why this is happening.

• Developer

Did you check the key assignment in the Vistamare Menu? Did you see the Vistamare Item on the menu line of the FS9?

Sometimes slewing the aircraft up, across to a different parking spot and then back down again (press F1 before you stop the slew, or the a/c may race off across the airport) 'fixes' things, and the window opens.

Not ideal, admittedly, but if that works it may give Oliver a clue as to what is wrong. (I had the same problem myself for a while. Then it went away again, as far as I recall of its own accord - it's just a very occasional glitch now).

• 1 month later...

There was a folder inside the Aerosoft AES main directory that contained the Vistamare modules. Simply copied them into the FS modules folder (overwriting).

Wrong solution!

FS9: Only delete the ViMa*.dll files in the Modules folder and the Vistamare Folder below FS9 Mainfolder complete, then Start AEShelp once.

FSX: To reinstall the modules, delete the VistaMare Folder below the FS Maindirectory and start AESHelp once, then they are correct reinstalled. O.Pabst!

There was a folder inside the Aerosoft AES main directory that contained the Vistamare modules. Simply copied them into the FS modules folder (overwriting).

Wrong solution!

FS9: Only delete the ViMa*.dll files in the Modules folder and the Vistamare Folder below FS9 Mainfolder complete, then Start AEShelp once.

FSX: To reinstall the modules, delete the VistaMare Folder below the FS Maindirectory and start AESHelp once, then they are correct reinstalled. O.Pabst!

Thank you!

It worked out!!!

Archived