Question About "VFR Berlin"

rsamuel66

• Aerosoft
Did the Aerosoft team test the compatibility of VFR Berlin with Peter Wilding's "Ground Environment"? Any issues?

ricardo

Sorry, has not been tested. Compatibility testing these days is nearly impossible with all the different products available, it is even hard to maintain fully compatible with our own products. And when we do test we find all kinds of problems that are often caused by the other side not doing the stuff well. Should we not release in that case? Wait for them to fix it (if they are willing)? When a problem is reported we'll look into it, if we are too blame we'll be responsable, if we are not we'll report that. Thse days that is all you can do.

But I can tell you that doing texture replacement products is a LOT harder then most devs think it is. Almost 90% of all CTD errors we see in our scenery products are caused by 3rd party texture replacement products, They never show if the sim has it easy, but stress the texture buffers and the small errors start to crash the sim. They are infamous in our offices.

Wow, Mathjis, relax: this wasn't meant to be a challenge. Just a relaxed question as to whether there might be problems; I suspect a lot of folks have bought Ground Environment.

On that note, any users who have tried both?

ricardo

• Aerosoft
Wow, Mathjis, relax: this wasn't meant to be a challenge. Just a relaxed question as to whether there might be problems; I suspect a lot of folks have bought Ground Environment.

On that note, any users who have tried both?

ricardo

Mmmm, yes, I did hit on that did I? Sorry, these seemingly simple products are really getting on our nerve as they do cause us a lot of support we should not get. Every support call we handle actually means the sale is lost, all we made is eaten up by doing support for problems not caused by us. It is very very frustrating. Of course we stay polite and don't mention names (although a scan of the support forum will get you some suspects), but it's hard.