FS2Crew for the Airbus X Extended is Coming Soon!

FS2Crew Developer

Chances are that AXE v1.1 (including managed descent) will be out before the FS2Crew version.

Which implies that AXE FS2Crew will, upon release, probably fit exactly into that very AXE version - v1.1

I'm still guessing but it's the best guess I can take ...

It's a good guess!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryan,

we recently had a short discussion here in the AXE forum concerning St. Elmo's fire. I remembered it was featured in FS2Crew for the LVLD/FS9.

Is St. Elmo's fire still featured in current releases? (Not of the utmost importance, of, course, just being curious!)

Hi Oliver,

I think St Elmos Fire was only possible because it was in the 2D Cockpit and there you can simply lay an effect over the windscreen and there you go. In the VC this is not possible as easy. There would be other effects (like rain, etc.) which would be more important if it would even be considered.

Hi Oliver,

I think St Elmos Fire was only possible because it was in the 2D Cockpit and there you can simply lay an effect over the windscreen and there you go. In the VC this is not possible as easy. There would be other effects (like rain, etc.) which would be more important if it would even be considered.

That's correct.

St. Elmo's fire was possible to add in 2D cockpits, but not VCs.

VC's are a totally different kettle of fish.

Attention (future) FS2Crew Airbus Drivers,

Thought you might like these new forum signature banners!

You can use them on any forum.

SIGNATURE 1:

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus1.png

DIRECT LINK:

http://www.fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_Bus1.png

SIGNATURE 2:

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus2.png

DIRECT LINK:

http://www.fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_Bus2.png

SIGNATURE 3:

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus3.png

DIRECT LINK:

http://www.fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_Bus3.png

Guys,

We're entering beta for FS2Crew for the Airbus probably next week.

However, FS2Crew for the Airbus needs to be vetted by an Airbus "Instructor" (real-world), or maybe even some one who just did an Airbus type rating and who knows the stock Airbus FCOMs inside out.

We can't use line pilots at the moment because they all use company procedures, which often differ to varying degrees from the Airbus FCOMs. We'd be bogged down by the "Too many Cooks in the Kitchen" problem with everyone having different ways of doing things.

For this FS2Crew, I modeled the Airbus FCOM's verbatim.

So if you know an Airbus TRI, TRE or even a recent student, let me know.

Cheers,

Sorry Bryan,

i only know a line pilot, but thank you for the update - sounds very interesting "... I modeled the Airbus FCOM's verbatim."

Correct, you could even theoretically start studying for FS2Crew now by looking at the flows, checklists and callouts described in the current Airbus FCOMs.

Guest Closed

Hi Bryan,

Considering the existing checklist and Captain/FO interaction in the 'stock' Airbus X Extended, how will FS2Crew work where this is concerned?

Will it 'deactivate' some elementes of the stock product, in order to avoid duplication with new functionality added by FS2Crew?

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Bryan,

Considering the existing checklist and Captain/FO interaction in the 'stock' Airbus X Extended, how will FS2Crew work where this is concerned?

Will it 'deactivate' some elementes of the stock product, in order to avoid duplication with new functionality added by FS2Crew?

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

FS2Crew automatically de-activates the built in FO and FA sounds when you open the FS2Crew Main Panel.

So you don't need to touch a thing.

FYI, the FS2Crew "Airbus Contest" is Underway.

We're giving away 5 licenses.

Enter at: www.fs2crew.com

Winners will be announced on release day, which will be soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Something New? I like it on the NGX and i Hope the AXE will be the Same Great Product. And there is also the PMDG T7, but PMDG has to Release the plane First and Then you can Release FS2Crew for the 777 :D

Archived