DHC-2 (V1.53) – Repeated gauge failure while flying

Tatankamani

Hello,

I experienced three times absolutely the same problem with DHC-2 Floats 8 Seats, White Air River Services. I was flying in Misty Fjords area, when suddenly Altimeter Gauge freezed at present altitude reading, GPS failed (screen dark) and all three Fuel Gauges indicated zero Fuel, though each tank was appr. 50% full. The flight could be continued without any additional malfunction, but the mentioned gauges stayed dead.

Regards

Bruno

• Aerosoft
Hello,

I experienced three times absolutely the same problem with DHC-2 Floats 8 Seats, White Air River Services. I was flying in Misty Fjords area, when suddenly Altimeter Gauge freezed at present altitude reading, GPS failed (screen dark) and all three Fuel Gauges indicated zero Fuel, though each tank was appr. 50% full. The flight could be continued without any additional malfunction, but the mentioned gauges stayed dead.

Regards

Bruno

The altimeter sounds like you got a frozen tube, but the others make little or no sense to me. Unless you are running out of electricity. But the combination is really strange, certainly as these are all default instruments (gps) or very very basic. Could you send us a flt file when it happens next?

And these gauges are indentical in all models, so if it is only the Floats 8 seats the issue gets even stranger.

Hello Mathijs,

thank you for your quick reply. Yes, it happened three times again, absolutely in the same way. For some minutes after take off, all is fine and then again Altimeter, GPS, and Fuel Gauge failed. I “paused” the flight and loaded a different aircraft, i.e. Old Style Panel, 5 Seats Floats. I have to say, that I am always flying with old style panel. All worked well after loading the aircraft. I continued the flight (levelled off) , at an altitude of 2500 ft near Ketchikan (Misty Fjords Scenery), but after some more minutes; same problem.

I try to attach the .flt file; I hope it will help. I changed filetype from .flt to .doc, because .flt files are not permitted to attach.

Regards

Bruno

Hello Bruno,

I have flown in the area you mention and the only way I can replicate the issue you have is by physically turning the Master Switch off, when this happens again can you check to see if the Master Switch has been turned off somehow.

Hello Shaun,

you was right; the master switch has caused the problem. I have just entered a right turn (2D Cockpit), when I noticed, that the master switch changed from ON to OFF. I have no idea, what can a switch cause to change position by itself, but it obviously did. But now it’s not a problem, to switch it on again.

Thank you again.

Bruno