A320 Wing Light tweak...UPDATED! A321 now added.

Mark79

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Gentlemen,

May i ask, where can i find the aircraft.cfg file please?

Regards

C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 Extended CFM in this folder. good luck

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey I know this is a little off the topic a bit but for some reason my beacon and strobe lights do not show anymore, I haven't downloaded anything or messed with the settings so I was wondering if any of you know how I can fix it? :confused2_s: Also the lights for landing you guys have made looks great!

• 2 months later...

This post is getting bumped. Many thanks. Mark, I used your excellent mod to show wing lights in the A320/A321. Thank you. Would it be possible to extend that tweak to the A318/A319?

Thanks again,

Graham

Did no one of you see, that the turbine hull texture disappeared totally?

There is a bug in the FSX lighting system, that prevents usage of normals maps. They get instantly mid grey only when you try. Thats why we not used that technique here before.

I guess this great tweak does not work for the new A318/319? It really need this kind of lights, very dark aircraft to fly inte the dark ;)

Luckyly you sit in a lighted cockpit all the time!

But joke aside: In FSX those kind of lighting is only possible when you use multiple times the same mesh with different materials applied, so one time with lightmap, one time without etc... This will blow up the model size, memory need etc...as the sim needs to hold

all variants in memory the whole time. With active software lighting this is a different story, but as you can see here, it not works for FSX.

To make it clear: We also want to have that effect, but on one side the costs for the system are too high and in the current solution with the side effect that materials are not displayed correct (FSX BUG).

We explained that already to the Prepar3D team as they work hard to make the sim fit for the future, and with luck we will see it in one of the next updates. But FSX is what it was, when the ACES studio was closed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been trying to follow this but I am a newbie to all this tweaking. Was there a final fix for the wing lights so they dont wash out the textures, and they dont effect the logo lights or beacon? If so can someone point me in the right direction to a link and the information?

Thank you! :)

Archived