A320 Wing Light tweak...UPDATED! A321 now added.

Mark79

UPDATE: Made a custom size light using fxeditor and I think I'm quite satisfied with the results, no more spill over the top of the wing. Engine textures still seem to reflect more light than usual so I am still looking on how to lessen the reflections just like how the wing's edges reflects the lights (suggestions are more than welcome!).

Here's a quick tutorial for those who don't know how to edit these lights (for A320 only).

Step 1:

download and extract the file fx_airbusx_wing.fx to your main FSX "Effects" folder

Step 2:

edit your "aircraft.cfg" file using notepad and insert the following lines under the [LIGHTS] section.

light.11 = 8, 19.8, 17.4, -7.0, fx_airbusx_wing
light.12 = 8, 8.0, 15.5, -2.0, fx_airbusx_wing
light.13 = 8, 19.8, -17.4, -7.0, fx_airbusx_wing
light.14 = 8, 8.0, -15.5, -2.0, fx_airbusx_wing

Here's for the A321 model:

Step 1:

make sure you also have "fx_airbusx_wing.fx" in your main FSX "Effects" folder......then download and extract "fx_airbus321_wing.fx" to the same folder as well

Step 2:

edit your "aircraft.cfg" file using notepad and insert the following lines under the [LIGHTS] section.

light.11 = 8, 19.8, 17.4, -7.0, fx_airbusx_wing
light.12 = 8, 8.0, 15.31, -2.0, fx_airbusx321_wing
light.13 = 8, 19.8, -17.4, -7.0, fx_airbusx_wing
light.14 = 8, 8.0, -15.31, -2.0, fx_airbusx321_wing

I also added pictures on how it would look when used with the 3D Lights from A2A. And another view mid-flight with the 3D lights and ENB.

That's it! This is only a temporary fix that I came up with until Aerosoft releases an official update for the lights.

*AND DONT FORGET TO TURN OFF DURING THE DAY :mallet_s:

fx_airbusx_wing.zip

post-71797-0-32056300-1366796030_thumb.j

post-71797-0-94360900-1366796037_thumb.j

post-71797-0-41722100-1366796044_thumb.j

post-71797-0-76590800-1366796051_thumb.j

post-71797-0-45874400-1366797405_thumb.j

fx_airbusx321_wing.zip

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone please share some shots with us??

I'll make a short flight, I will make some screenshots and will hang around here or where do I ask

Looks like the engine is missing its textures....Am I missing something?

If it loses its textures, but I think that is due to the reflection of light ...

I have a question. Does the Landing Lights reflect at the engines or are this the wing lights?

No, the lights are reflected light wing

yes is nice...but you cant see the wings clear.

wing lights should only light up the engines and the leading edge of the wing to see any ice buildup during climb and descent.

i could tweak it more to show the fan blades too but it doesnt seem as realistic because of the textures. (which I hope will be fixed too incase Aerosoft decides to implement this update). :clapping_s:

First of all he needs to complete it ;)

As the topic title says already this is still work in progress. If he manages to get it completly right and he gives us the right to distribute this I think it may be possible. Still Mathijs would of cause have to confirm it!

First of all he needs to complete it ;)

As the topic title says already this is still work in progress. If he manages to get it completly right and he gives us the right to distribute this I think it may be possible. Still Mathijs would of cause have to confirm it!

I'll update this thread once I finalize the tweak. And yes, it would be my utmost pleasure to be able to contribute to this already awesome bus!!! Thank you!

Archived