Majestic Dash 8-400

mopperle

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 2 Cents.

Good

+ Excellent FPS. Second to none out there, except maybe the twin otter extended. But that's in a different class of complexity.
+ High detailed Systems. (the biggest plus out there)
+ Custom FDE, overcoming standard FSX limitations. (Although a bit more tweaking needed, but its good at its current state)
+ Fluid Displays, simply beautiful.

Neutral
+ Rather good modeling and texturing (although a bit cartoonish).
+ Custom FDE leads to minor problem - after pausing and unpausing, you get a weird slow acceleration. But that is something I can live with.

Bad
+ Exterior sounds are poor at best. (not sure if its my config settings or?...)
+ Manuals are simply confusing at best, disorganized at worst.
+ GSX reports engine not shut down, even though they are shut, so cant use GSX. (I think it can be fixed)

I was in a training night last night with the Dash 8 and there is so much you can learn about it and the way it flys. I get about 60fps in at PWN and they say It handles as bad as the real thing.

VASF5 can't shut down the engines and it will not reg a flight as it can't pick up the engines starting even from cold and dark.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Agree with Joshua especially regarding the manuals:

- no best practice,no golden thread

- how to setup FSX

- how to load the aircraft ( from freeflight or default flight first)

- how to calculate fuel

- what kind of panel state is loaded

Don't know if it is normal, that the aircraft bumps a little arounf when loading. I also get some announcements like "bank angle!". So is this normal or what?

I'm experiencing the same Otto, but that's no showstopper in my point of view. I guess it's related to the fully custom FDEs which are calculated outside of FSX.

I think this was always the intention - get it `out there` then start adding the tutorials.

There is a perfectly adequate Sample Flight Guide and System Tutorial to get you off the ground, but they are a long way from describing the full complexity of even the Pilot version.

My 2 Cents.

Good

+ Excellent FPS. Second to none out there, except maybe the twin otter extended. But that's in a different class of complexity.

+ High detailed Systems. (the biggest plus out there)

+ Custom FDE, overcoming standard FSX limitations. (Although a bit more tweaking needed, but its good at its current state)

+ Fluid Displays, simply beautiful.

Neutral

+ Rather good modeling and texturing (although a bit cartoonish).

+ Custom FDE leads to minor problem - after pausing and unpausing, you get a weird slow acceleration. But that is something I can live with.

Bad

+ Exterior sounds are poor at best. (not sure if its my config settings or?...)

+ Manuals are simply confusing at best, disorganized at worst.

+ GSX reports engine not shut down, even though they are shut, so cant use GSX. (I think it can be fixed)

Agree with Joshua especially regarding the manuals:

- no best practice,no golden thread

- how to setup FSX

- how to load the aircraft ( from freeflight or default flight first)

- how to calculate fuel

- what kind of panel state is loaded

Don't know if it is normal, that the aircraft bumps a little arounf when loading. I also get some announcements like "bank angle!". So is this normal or what?

I'm experiencing the same Otto, but that's no showstopper in my point of view. I guess it's related to the fully custom FDEs which are calculated outside of FSX.

So this is where AXE development and support are gathering ... (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Have fun and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

GSX and AES Engine shut down issue can be handle if u go to you FSX Key settings and give a command to shut Engine down. After you turn off the Engine at Gate press your command.

Got my First CTD :

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61472.0, Zeitstempel: 0x475e17d3
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: MSVCR80.dll, Version: 8.0.50727.6910, Zeitstempel: 0x4fee68f0
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0001500a
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x137c
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01ce3e9a0cbba491
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6910_none_d089c358442de345\MSVCR80.dll
Berichtskennung: 548f85bc-aa8f-11e2-bebd-4c72b9122658
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

(sorry for the german)

and i got 2 problems with the dash.

1. with my physical joystick, if its on 50% power, its idle on the dash, i know that this is desired from the developers, but it happens often, when i put the power into idle it gives me reverse thrust.....

2. the second problem is that i cant taxi! only my rudder in the back moves when i try to taxi..and it doesnt work when putting nosewheel sterring to off.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Snave, that's why he mentioned Majestics email adress. But IMHO it would be much easier to have access to their froum, but as long as the servers are down, people try to get "support" elsewhere. :rolleyes:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Got my First CTD :

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61472.0, Zeitstempel: 0x475e17d3

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: MSVCR80.dll, Version: 8.0.50727.6910, Zeitstempel: 0x4fee68f0

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6910_none_d089c358442de345\MSVCR80.dll

(sorry for the german)

and i got 2 problems with the dash.

1. with my physical joystick, if its on 50% power, its idle on the dash, i know that this is desired from the developers, but it happens often, when i put the power into idle it gives me reverse thrust.....

2. the second problem is that i cant taxi! only my rudder in the back moves when i try to taxi..and it doesnt work when putting nosewheel sterring to off.

No idea with the CTD

Joystick throttel:

Open the Q400 Configurator, go to Engine controls, change the value at DISC for both levers to "0" and REVERSE to a minus value. Click Apply and reload the aircraft. Now you can move your joysticks throttle back to zero while in the aircraft it moves only to DISC. To get reverse thrust use your default FSX keyboard commands.

Taxiing:

Do you mean how to stear? IF so, this has to be done by the tiller, which is hard to control with the mouse. In my case, I found that when using the aileron axis on my joystick, it commnds the tiller.

Got my First CTD :

(sorry for the german)

To add to what Otto said, for this CTD check that your C++ redistributables are up to date.

No idea with the CTD

Joystick throttel:

Open the Q400 Configurator, go to Engine controls, change the value at DISC for both levers to "0" and REVERSE to a minus value. Click Apply and reload the aircraft. Now you can move your joysticks throttle back to zero while in the aircraft it moves only to DISC. To get reverse thrust use your default FSX keyboard commands.

Taxiing:

Do you mean how to stear? IF so, this has to be done by the tiller, which is hard to control with the mouse. In my case, I found that when using the aileron axis on my joystick, it commnds the tiller.

well i put 0 into DISC and REVERSE to a minus value, but didnt work, if my physical joystick is in 0% postion, it gives me the DISC position in the cockpit, should it go then to IDLE? could u post a shoot of ur engine settings, and the taxi problem, when i use the rudder, it should use my tiller on the same way, like it normaly does with fsx aircrafts..but it only turns the rudder left or right

• Deputy Sheriffs

1. Throttle: This correct, when the DISC value ist set to zero the cockpit throttle is at DISC, while your joystick is set to 0. If it would be set to idle, your aircraft would start moving. I've read this in their forum, before the server went down.

2. Maybe you have assigned your axis different. When using the rudder, this allows to turn the nosewheel up to 8°, with the tiller up to 70°. I move the tiller with the aileron axis. To quote the manual:

Depending on the settings, the steering tiller can be controlled either by the mouse, or by ailerons axis, or by spoiler axis (which is the recommended setting). The steering is effective under 40kts. You can also use rudder axis to turn the nose wheel withing 8 deg. angle. Tiller steering alows to turn the nose wheel up to 70 deg. in each direction. If auto differential thrust is enabled in settings, the PL will move separately to use differential thrust and simplify turns.

I have one problem. I cant switch my TCAS to TA / RA. Doas anybody know how it works ?

Hi,

Is TCAS selected on your ND? Is your transponder set to ON and not STBY?

I have one problem. I cant switch my TCAS to TA / RA. Doas anybody know how it works ?

Manual: Systems 16.7

What is there about it you don't understand, having no doubt read it all so as not to be a burden on your fellow simmer?

Archived