Majestic Dash 8-400

mopperle

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully, although I've already got it and it's a `run, don't walk` game changer... at least as good as the PMDG J41 but with features that even that class act does not have.

Nothing particularly buggy here - but try to start the engines in the configuration you have set, you have no chance.

Reading the fine manual is not optional with this baby. :glare_s:

some more reports from the first costumers please! buggy or just awesome? :) maybe some shoots?

Just got done with my first flight, LOWW-LOWI, and it was gorgeous. No trouble on my end, but heed Simon's advice.....there's manuals on this one for a reason....

Only based on one flight so far, but it gets my vote for 'just awesome'.

I did 4 flights with it today yet and it's really a great aircraft. I'd say it's up to the level of the NGX at the moment and when it becomes shared cockpit compatible with the PRO version it's going to be better than the NGX in my opinion!

Guys, you are killing me! I can't sleep because of this addon.

The arrival of this marvel (been watching its development for years) means a huge dilemma to me (see the last entry of my tech signature).

Anyway, keep the impressions coming and have gorgeous flights (can they really be different?)! Captain2.gif

Guys, you are killing me! I can't sleep because of this addon.

The arrival of this marvel (been watching its development for years) means a huge dilemma to me (see the last entry of my tech signature).

Time to upgrade ;) Your rig should handle FSX pretty well in all respects

Did you find a way to load the bird cold&dark? The manuals are not very helpfull on this.

Simply set it tomanually to clod & Dark and save the situation via FSX's "Save flight" menu and all settings are properly saved.

I got the tliler to work via the spoiler axis. I just need to know how to switch "Auto PL" off -otherwise assymetrical power is set when You turn with the tiller as a "help".

Setting up the Power levers and condition levers takes some time.

Great turboprop I must say.

Finn

Your rig should handle FSX pretty well

Maybe if I ever learn how to overclock to 4.5 GHz.

In my FSX attempts so far I ended up with rather poor performance.

But thanks for your encouragement! I do need it and who knows... ;)

It really is amazing, I'm loving it...on my 3rd leg right now.

Thought I'd turn the dome on real quick and spread the joy......

2013420164641918.png

A really fantastic shot, Kyle! I'm loving it!

How's the performance and how's the learning curve?

Performance is ridiculously good. I get a solid 5-10 fps over the AXE and 10-15 over the NGX. It really has barely any hit to my system, and I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how. Ask around, I'm sure you'll hear the same, it's surprisingly light.

For the learning curve, there is a bit of a curve, but if you're used to handling something complex, can read through the manuals and step by step, and be able to tinker a little you'll be fine. This 3rd leg right now I'm good to go and have messed around quite a bit already. Still learning the more detailed areas and reading the main systems manual again as I fly.

A really fantastic shot, Kyle! I'm loving it!

How's the performance and how's the learning curve?

Regarding the FPS: I'm getting at least twice the fps than on the AXE or NGX! Getting around 20 in the AXE in Aerosoft's Berlin Tegel with VFR Germany and medium to high settings I'm getting around 40 to 50 here!

I believe the reason for this is that they are running the systems simulation on a CPU core which isn't used that much by FSX and therefore it doesn't hurt FSX performance to much. Not sure in which manual that was stated though, but as said, I believe readin this somewhere.

Guys, you are killing me!

Their killing me too mate. I planned to buy this beautiful looking aircraft yesterday but work buggered my wages up this week so i'll have to wait until next week now :angry:

Wonder if Majestic do finance! :lol:

Performance is ridiculously good. I get a solid 5-10 fps over the AXE and 10-15 over the NGX. It really has barely any hit to my system, and I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how. Ask around, I'm sure you'll hear the same, it's surprisingly light.

For the learning curve, there is a bit of a curve, but if you're used to handling something complex, can read through the manuals and step by step, and be able to tinker a little you'll be fine. This 3rd leg right now I'm good to go and have messed around quite a bit already. Still learning the more detailed areas and reading the main systems manual again as I fly.

Listen to the man. He knows whats' going on. Absolute agreement with every word, Emi. :bow_down2_s:

Yes I am pretty sure most of teh sysytem operate outide FSX as it was too limiting. It has being designed for training profesional pilots so sytems should begood even on the basic model. Just remember when landing if it is similar to the 300, pitch to fine makes teh props act like a speed break, awesome when on the real plane you can feel the plane slow quiet quickly. Will have it by weeks end.

It is definatly moddeled very much out of FSX. Sadly even so far that AES and ARCAS do not notice that the engines are running!

Archived